Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few days ago I ask two of my more understanding colleagues to take a look at the Ducati website and ask their opinion of the color choices for the 695 and the S2R.

Both of them (guy - tracks his BMW M3, girl - English and loves to party) say that only girls should get a red bike.

Now, I happen to really dig red Ducatis, and was curious if anyone else had EVER heard that comment before. I never have!!

I'm still waiting for the moment I can buy mine, BTW (pending divorce [thumbsup]).

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is nothign wrong with a Red Duc. It's Italian for frak's sake...

Now, ask DucTape abotu his pink bike. Now, that's a girl's bike.

Otherwise, only the rider makes it a girl's or guy's bike.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
EvilSteve said:
They're jealous dude, Red is the best color for Ducati. ;D

(flame war begins here [cheeky])
While there aren't many factory Ducati color schemes I would say I "don't like" I too feel red is right for Ducati as it is for Ferrari [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
tommys67 said:
So a few days ago I ask two of my more understanding colleagues to take a look at the Ducati website and ask their opinion of the color choices for the 695 and the S2R.

Both of them (guy - tracks his BMW M3, girl - English and loves to party) say that only girls should get a red bike.

Now, I happen to really dig red Ducatis, and was curious if anyone else had EVER heard that comment before. I never have!!

I'm still waiting for the moment I can buy mine, BTW (pending divorce [thumbsup]).
Never heard such a thing, actually quite the opposite.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Just bought a red w/ white stripe S2R, and would do it again. Had other color choices, but thought this looked the best. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the record, even though I already said it, I will probably get a red Duc in a few weeks / months (depending on the [email protected]@^%@$ lawyers...). I am just not detail-oriented enough to keep a black car or bike looking immaculate. :angel:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Darks look better as they get dirty

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
chopperbill said:
Red is fine...........but remember that you should never have white wheels after Labor day.
Whats wrong with white wheels? ;D

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
tommys67 said:

It's OK to be in touch with your feminine side. ;)

Great way to reward yourself after a difficult divorce though, hope things work out.
My personal preference for myself is:
1. Matte Silver
2. Black (Glossy or Matte)
3. Red
4. Yellow

I really also think that the rider can be a factor in determining the color of the bike. Like a taxi cab driver might favor a Yellow one... [laugh]. No, I am kidding, I think all the colors are fine as long as you are happy with it.
;D

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chopperbill said:
Red is fine...........but remember that you should never have white wheels after Labor day.
LOL!!!! NICE!!!!! [clap] [laugh]

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
If you indicated interest in the red one when you asked their opinion, I think your co-workers are just messing with you. [clap]

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't take offense with this statement; after all, I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body... ;D

Ken

·
Registered
165 Posts
If I could have, I'd a purhcased a red one. All I could find was silver and black. Must just be dumb luck, otherwise I mighta ended up with the red girls version ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
im with the last post
im silver and black

the red one was not available

i have heard many friends say its not a dugati if it not red

have ya heard anyone say ducati like Dewgady

1 - 20 of 44 Posts