Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I admit to being a huge wimp.  I installed my SIL high mounts (105 db) last weekend and although they make my 620 look and sound awesome, they are just a bit too loud for my tastes.

So I purchased two silencers, drilled one hole in each exhaust and have managed to tame the sound a bit.  The best part about it is I can always pull out and put them back in as my mood changes.  

Here are a few pics:
Silencers:

Before:

After:

I have to admit I sort of miss the original sound but when I am rolling through the neighborhood or going to work I'll feel better.  Plus on weekends I'll just pull them out!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Wow, that's an impressive mod to your Sils. Do the inserts change the tone at all, or just quiet them down?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Sils without the silencers have a powerful rumble that is dampened by the restrictors. It still sounds great but a little less rumble (sorry for the non technical terminology) and a little less volume. I think I read that with the restrictors they are around the 90 db mark so they are still much better sounding than stock.

I think they were $27 a piece at cbt Imports. http://www.cbtimports.com/stntnrestrictor.htm

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Thanks for your posting, I've been looking for a product like this for my high-mount Sils also. One question: where do the mounting holes get drilled?

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I just wish they clamped or something so you didn't have to drilll. Are there any other companies that make silencers that fit sils??? I'd just like to look at my choices (if any) before ordering them. :-/

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I did the same thing to my stratified pipes to convert from full mod to half mod.

Where did you find those?? Please tell!!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Cool-looking mod ... though I can't imagine silencing my 105-db. Sils. Blasphemy!! ;-)
d

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pato es la verdad!
Yo tengo 2 Bros and I don't give a ..... about my neighbors!
I leave at 4 AM!

El Cantante del Monsters!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts