Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: sil  hi's installation

haha welcome to hell

- get a good thick towel or two that any significant other will not miss.
- Sit down
- put a towel in your lap. a rolled one on your nauty bits wont hurt
- grasp the s-pipe and spray some wd-40 on the end
- let sit
- grab the can and spray wd-40 on the other pipe
- let sit
- grab both pieces but wrap another towel around your hand and put the s-pipe against. the towel on your lap
- at a nice steepish angle work one edge of the muffler pipe into the s-pipe. You are not going to get this in one try. Just work it in a little at a time. Kinda like foreplay but do not let the woman see.
- gently work the pipe in, and if you slip make sure you dont carve a chunk out of your hand or groin.
- after a few minutes you should be able to get the entire piece started and it will slip in. It takes some good pressure to get it to bottom out where it needs to be.

As a side note. You COULD use a vice to hold s-pipe and a large flat head screwdriver to gently pry the notch on the s-pipe but be careful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And if you are installing titanium cannisters, wrap the cans with a piece of card board until you are done...to keep it from getting dinged...don't ask why I know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took them to exhaust and they did it for free. It took them like 1 minute. they pounded a metal cone until it was close to round. Thanks to martin at motowheels for telling me about this. I was about to send them back.

I got them installed now and the sound is incredible. For those like me who have not heard sil's on a monster, let me tell you it is bad a s s. I think I appreciate it even more because I rode around with stock exhaust for 6 months now.
They are the 105 and I think are a nice loudness. By some descriptions i was thinking they were going to cause pain. Not even close, just sounds really powerful.

Recorded some video going to capture it and try and upload it to this site.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Got the same on my 620, got them put on around Christmas, after riding stock for over a year. They sure do sound GRRRREAT!! A very deep grumbling sound, I think it is just right!

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Re: sil  hi's installation

Y'all need to take a class in Channel Locks (tm) and Vice-Grips (tm)... ;D

If it makes you feel any better, my Sils didn't even fit right into Sil's own header, but it didn't take me but 5 minutes to teach it how to fit.

BTW, the real fun is getting the Sil header to fit into your exhaust ports.

--Fillmore

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Martin, you sell a lot of those, right? Have you given feedback to Sil? This kind of crap isn't good. :(

Chris
To why titanium dings if you drop it or bang it against the subframe?

Or why some high pipes fit better than others?

The first question is obvious but the reason why the high pipes fit funny on some bikes is because there are 4 different part numbers due to small variations in the bike. You have to get the right one. Some venders stock only the late model which wil fit but it takes a little more work.

In Travis case, it was just a little tight. There is no clamp at that joint so it has to be a tight or it will leak.

The Sil Motor high pipes are no more difficult to install than Termignoni, Arrow, Leo Vince high pipes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts