Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm helping my buddy install SIL high mount round CF cans on his 620, and I have a few installation questions.

It looks like the kit came with some spacers for I suppose the rearsets as clearance is an issue between the swingarms and rearsets. the right side is ok, but the left side is a problem (the swingarm comes out wider on that side for the final drive). There are eight spacers, so there are enough for both rearsets, but I think only the left side needs them.

there are no instructions with the kit.

do you use all 8 spacers, or just what is needed (in this case, just four, for the left side)?

thanks,
-Ash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,655 Posts
no iirc the kit had two different sized spacers.... and no instructions. But you know I operate :p


but your saying that the spipes are hitting the swingarm? that means you possibly have a single from a 900 model
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,655 Posts
but the problem is that the s pipe is hitting the swingarm, no? That means one of two things, installed wrong or wrong pipe. the pipe meets the header at the same point. It may be installed incorrectly ie needs to be twisted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
620mblack/Ti avenger said:
but the problem is that the s pipe is hitting the swingarm, no? That means one of two things, installed wrong or wrong pipe. the pipe meets the header at the same point. It may be installed incorrectly ie needs to be twisted.
this is WITHOUT the spacers installed. sorry I wasnt clear enough i guess.

without the spacers, the right side clears on its own (as sennaster says, since it has its own spacers) but the left side does not (no spacers).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sennaster said:
i used spacers on the left only ... because the right was spaced out farther for the emissions canister
yeah, that's exactly how it looks like this one is gonna go.

are the rearset bolts long enough to grab enough frame with the spacers installed?

did you use all four (upper and lower mount points) or just two for the top mount points?

thanks man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Ash said:
yeah, that's exactly how it looks like this one is gonna go.

are the rearset bolts long enough to grab enough frame with the spacers installed?

did you use all four (upper and lower mount points) or just two for the top mount points?

thanks man.
iirc the bolts for left rearset are same length as the ones for the right (which already has spacers).

also, i believe i used all 4 for the left ... i will check when i saddle up for my ride home from work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
620mblack/Ti avenger said:
but my question is,...

What, is not clearing what?
the left s-pipe is too close to tight with the swingarm and rearset because the rearsets dont yet have the spacers installed. with the spacers, i will be able to twist out the s pipe to clear the swingarm, and the s-pipe rearset tab should keep the pipe away from the swingarm comfortably.

i'm pretty confident this is how it will go. and that i dont have the wrong s-pipe. i DO have the wrong rubber mounting sleeve though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sennaster said:
with spacers on the left rearset only my pipes cleared with a couple mm between pipe and swingarm (for both left/right pipes).
yeah the right side has literally mm's here too. should be okay though. i'll make sure things dont interefere.

sennaster said:
iirc the bolts for left rearset are same length as the ones for the right (which already has spacers).

also, i believe i used all 4 for the left ... i will check when i saddle up for my ride home from work.
sweet, thanks! [thumbsup]
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top