Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

Sil motor megafones??

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  chaf 
G
#1 ·
i am thinking about buying them but if anyone knows anything please say something, good or bad

plus http://www.motostrano-store.com/silmotor.htmlseems to be the cheapest place for exhaust, besides ebay. anyone know of anywhere cheaper??

See less See more
#2 ·
I've been running the 105dB low mounts for about a year and I love them. Great sound and a different look. I wound up polishing them slightly out of boredom. I had to do a little tweaking to the welded on bracket when I was installing them ,but even with head scratching time it only took me an hour. I did start to run a little lean after install , but that gave me a good excuse to do a PCIII and an FBF airbox conv.
Get em, you'll love em
My $0.02

#4 ·
Great cans. Nice tone, lighter than stock by a long shot, and relatively easy install. I had to lengthen a hole in the mounting tab to get the right one on.

Haven't had time to polish mine, but they look great in that matte SS finish, and seem to me to be a nice retro touch to what is fast becoming a retro bike.

-Don

#6 ·
I've had mine for about 6 months now...

I like the way they look, and they sound great... but the 105db models are really too loud if you have neighbors and stuff.

Also, mine don't fit terribly well, and they've developed some unsightly but mild surface rust along all of the welds - slightly odd, since the bike is always kept indoors.

Overall, they're a bargain compared to Termi's etc., but if I had to do it over again, I'd probably just take Strati's halfway mod and call it good.

M.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.