Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya!

Can anyone tell me if the above stated exhaust-system is worth investing in or not.

Has anyone installed a 2-to-1 exhaust on their Monster?

Please advise...

Looking forward to any reply to this topic.

;D
/Fred

S

·
0 Posts
I almost bought that system, but was talked out of it by many people, Chris at CA Cycleworks, and GP in San Diego both recommended 2 into 2 systems. I now have the Sil Highmount 2into2 105dB, awesome. Also after thinking about it from a performance standpoint it doesn't make allot of sense to open up the exhaust system with aftermarkets and then restrict it at the same time by going with a 2 into 1. But if your more concerned about looks then its all a matter of preference. Also if its not in stock already you'll be waiting awhile to get one. I waited 6 weeks then canceled that order and got the full system in 3 days.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I've got the 2-1 on my M750. It's a tight fit getting the headers on, but it's a pretty straight forward install.

I didn't notice any change in power from the a$$-dyno, but since it's a 750, I'm not all about power anyway.

The looks clean up the rear end a bit, it sounds a little different from a 2-2, you lose the weight of the extra can.

As it's a full 50mm system, I think you aren't losing that much flow against the stock system because you're getting rid of that stupid crossover.

If you're really looking to get power out of it, go for a full 50mm, spaghetti type, 2-2 sytem and and if you have a 2v bike, then get the headwork to go with it.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
As it's a full 50mm system, I think you aren't losing that much flow against the stock system because you're getting rid of that stupid crossover.
From the dyno reports I've read, I'll never fit 2-1. Guy Martin tested stock system with cross over versus all kinds of other systems and could only come up with 2-3 HP difference. Thing is, he did it to 2V bikes already well above 90 hp...

:) Chris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, thanks for your oppinion, guys!

One question, a stupid newbie one; What do you mean by "headwork to go with it"?

O

·
0 Posts
ya i think it looks great . it may not be the best for produceing h/p but it looks great .

O

·
0 Posts
on a stock 2 valve bike the two into one would work fine and for me it would look the balls . ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts