Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my new sil titanium hi mounts. Have no clue how to install them. going to be fun figuring it out.

One thing I thought was wierd is how the logo was different both on the exhaust sticker and box than what i have seen on everyone elses bike. I don't really card for the sticker on mine so am going to take it. Did sil recently change there logo?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't know if they changed it, but the Sil logo that came on my pipes looked horrible. Luckily it was very easy to peel off. Came off like a charm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
heh yeah mine too. Looks like a s s . I do like stickers on the pipes though, if they are nice. Wish termi were not the only stickers I could get that were resistant to heat.

I haven't started to put on the exhaust yet just looking thru the box. Could you tell me what the aluminum spacer things are for?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I needed to use the aluminum spacers inbetween my rearsets and frame to make enough clearance between the swingarm and rearsets for the S-pipe. However, as discussed in another thread, some have indicated that they did not need the spacers.

I have high Sil slip-ons by the way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I found it odd there are no instructions or packing list with the SiL Motors Hi Mounts. I mucked my way through installing them, and the only regret I have is I did not take my time when wrestling the clamp over the frame and managed to install a small scratch on the bike's passenger handles (not once, but twice!).

As for the spacers, I've no clue.

Drop a line if you need help or advice. BTW, it took about 1.5 hours, and they sound and look great.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Do any of you guys have a picture of the offensive new Sil logo? I really liked the old logo that you commonly see on Sil pipes. Also, are you guys getting these from U.S. dealers, or Spareshack?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Thanks for the pic S4, and your bike looks great. It looks like you have the familiar Sil logo that most people like. Based on the other posts, it sounds like Sil has recently changed to something that does not look as good as yours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my logo don't look like that . would be happy if it did actually. mine has angular letter and looks much worse.

Best way I could describe it is looks like it was written with a etch a sketch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts