Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(model 5517) All pictures I've seen of these are with the rear pegs removed... will these fit with the pegs still on (pipes going behind bracket).. I like to ride "superman" and am trying to decide which exhaust to get... best bang for the buck on a m600 ('01)

M

·
0 Posts
mine were taken off from what my tech said they wouldn't fit. now i don't have the sil, i have the fbf pipes but they are the sil's with a different badge. i still have the peg brackets on there just not the pegs so i think they actually may be able to be left on, just no passenger.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have the FBF(SIL) hi-mounts and they fit behind the rearsets.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw.. how do they sound?? anyone have sound clips of a before/after?? or at least an after??? I think I'm gonna get them, and hearing them will be the deciding factor.

M

·
0 Posts
i just asked litereaner to grab a clip of mine while i'm at work today. he will post a clip for ya.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those were sil's? they sound sweet. (cool paint job too! :eek: ) Any Suggestions on whether to get the 105db's or the 80db's? anyone get ticketed for the 105's? :-/

L

·
0 Posts
those were sil's? they sound sweet. (cool paint job too! :eek: ) Any Suggestions on whether to get the 105db's or the 80db's? anyone get ticketed for the 105's? :-/

I have the Arrow Race System on my S4R and they completely cover up the sound of her Sil's when I am next to her. I am not sure what dB hers are but they are great sounding. My Arrows are supposedly 105dB but damn they seem a lot louder than that. I have to wear earplugs on rides so I can hear afterwards. I have yet to be hassled about them but then again there are a lot of bikes around here including Harley's......

Make a call based on your area and local laws.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ride daily to work (about 45 min+ each way), and often take long 7 hour rides... The 80db's would probably suit me better, so that I can get more power, and still keep my hearing to boot.. Although the fact I'm a drummer doesn't help things :-/

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
i don't know who that is, but it probably is fhqwhgads... probably the best song ever! but i think that "i believe I can fly" by william hung will give it a run for its money!

the sil's are a good sounding pair of pipes, i'd give them a medium on the volume level compared to other pipes i've heard. and since you're a drummer, there isn't much more you can do to your hearing!! ;D

·
Premium Member
463 Posts
dude!!! that's a line from the song!!! those guys behind homestarrunner are absolute geniuses.

everybody to the limit, everybody to the limit, everybody come on fhqwhgads...

HAAAA!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

M

·
0 Posts
they are sils with a fbf badge on it (i can't believe i paid extra for a name :mad:) but i love them. liter was mad when he was waiting on his pipes to get in because my pipes were louder than his (now i get drowned out from his)

D

·
0 Posts
I have the Sil Moto High mounts, they aren't FBF but they put the stickers on them so I took them off. If I see the Sil Moto Sticker somewhere I'm going to purchase it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts