Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for hi-mount slip ons for my '00 900ie. Was thinking about Leo Vince until I found out that they mount to the rearsets, not the frame. No good since I'll be ditching the stock rearsets eventually... Does Sil make hi-mount oval slip-ons that don't mount to the rearsets? Not interested in carbon fiber... aluminum, steel, titanium... and oval looks better than round.

I was under the impression that the Sil's don't attach to the rearsets... or maybe they come in different configurations. Anyone using the 105db version? How would that sound compare to my Strati modded stock pipes?

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
;) I dont know the answer to your question but I would buy your modded stocker when you get the high mounts. I too was looking at the high mounts but I am not ready to spend the cash. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Magnus ! I'm going with a set of high pipes as part of my winter project/updates/facelift. Right now I am planning on going with the Leos because of fit and finish. I like how they tuck in as I sometimes carry a passenger (wife or sons). The Ducati dealer here carries the Leos so I have been able to see them on a few bikes and I really like them. I can't go with rear sets until I can get another bike for two up riding.
The only set of Sils I saw on a bike didn't line up even from the back. The bike was pretty beat and the owner had cobbled up his own brackets to mount them so that wasn't really a very good example.

T

·
0 Posts
I have a MS4 and I got rid of ethe stock rearsets and put on the Sill Crabon high mounts. I would say that it's the way to go. Sil's look goo and if you get the ones that aren;t too long they look awesome. I alos put on the Cycle Cat reatsets. :) Can't say enough about both of them.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
memonstro... i like the leos too... but they mount to the rearsets. i'm planning some solo rearsets, so i don't think it would work... would have to do something custom. if they would mount to s&p solo rearsets then i'd do it... if anyone knows please chime in.

M

·
0 Posts
The Sil Motor hi pipe system comes with brackets that mount to the subframe. On a properly set up bike the cans line up perfectly with the subframe.

N

·
0 Posts
I have the titanium sil high mounts on my 620, look great, they are tucked up nicely. I think that they would look even better with a shorter tail, mine is stock and looks a bit odd, I'd almost prefer to have a hacked/shorter tail on it.

I just can't bring myself to hurt my baby though.

well, that and I am out of cash.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey, the tail hack is one of the cheapest mods out there... you do have a hacksaw, don't you? all you have to buy are some flushmount directionals...

thanks for the info on the sils.

M

·
0 Posts
There is only one size, but they are very short and look very good with a chopped tail.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, Moto... do you guys have the oval high-mounts in stock? aluminum in the 105db version.... Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
Hi Magnus,

I think we only have the aluminum in round in stock.
We stock the ovals and round in CF. We are a little partial to the smaller round cans on bikes with chopped tails. James, Sean and I are all running the round high pipes with chopped tails on our monsters.

Give us a call or shoot us an email ([email protected]) and we will check for you tomorrow.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts