Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to tell the two apart, like markings or,length or something?
I put on what I thought were 105's but they do not seem that loud to me.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You should be able to tell just by looking at the outlet diameter. The 105's are pretty much a straight through perforated pipe, where the 85's are probably baffled, with a smaller diameter pipe within the large outlet.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no baffle that I saw when they went on.
I cored the stockers and when I put the Sils on I was anticipating a huge difference maybe my core job was better then I thought. But I still think they are'nt "Loud" a different sound yes, much deeper, but loud No. I read that people are setting off car alarms and giving old ladies heart attacks, Mine don't even come close. Do I dare mod. aftermarket pipes?, I'm a little scared to go cutting something I spent $600 for.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The 105db has a 50mm diameter outlet.
The 85db is the same can with a 150mm length of 32mm tube held in by a plate and two blobs of tack weld. I can email you a picture of the 85db outlet if you want to compare it with your's.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cored the stockers and when I put the Sils on I was anticipating a huge difference maybe my core job was better then I thought.
i'm sure they're fine. but cored cans (at least they way i rework 'em) are hands-down the loudest cans you can put on your bike short of solid straight pipes. a buddy of mine had an m750s. i modified his cans as a "congrats on your bike" gift. he shortly thereafter bought an S4 because he's a horsepower junkie. being a horsepower junkie, he outfitted the S4 with a full 45/50 sil motor system. his m750 was louder... by a WIDE margin. this can be good or bad, depending on your tastes.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two questions Strati. 1) What's the turn around time for your pipe job. 2) Do you loose the bulky part (I think that's where the cat. converter is) by the heel guard?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
drop me a line offlist (i'd rather not prolong the spamminess for those uninterested) at [email protected] and i'll go over the details with you.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got em
Thank You
I do have the 105's
I guess I'm going to have to Mod my aftermarket pipes
I'm a little scared, but hey I still have the cored stockers that sound just as good!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is this true for the Sil Megaphones?

Bud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts