Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for short stalk signals. I would love to see some pictures as well. Has anyone ever put the Buell rear lights on their bike? Just looking for something a little shorter than the stock ones on a '94 900.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I purchased a set of Watsen Design billet LED signals. I haven't installed them yet, waiting for a few mote parts to do a big project, but they look pretty cool IMO. He doesn't seem to be making the same ones anymore, but they were called Triumph turn signals. I know he does custom work too...

http://www.watsendesign.com/

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have some cheap shorties on mine. Look at Members bikes folder AndrewC. Those cost like $35 for 2 sets.

·
Banned
1,350 Posts
I just have some cheap Lockhart-Phillips indicators front and rear on my bike.

The next step is getting the "tweety bird yellow" tank painted a black or silver pearl/anthracite...still undecided.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have some Arrow L-P shorts with clear lenses on mine. You can see a close-up on the second address below. They cost about $14/set. Work good..look great!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Any suggestions for short stalk signals. I would love to see some pictures as well. Has anyone ever put the Buell rear lights on their bike? Just looking for something a little shorter than the stock ones on a '94 900.
The older Buell front and rear turn signals ARE the same ones that came on the 94 Monster. I personally bought a set from the local Harley Davidson dealer as replacements for those on my 97. Other than having shorter wires, there is no difference at all, including the fact that they're made in Italy.

Just move in the mounting point if you don't want them sticking out so far:

·
Registered
403 Posts
if you put these on you don't need any rear turnsignals...

man I wish I could put the picture in the message.....
(fixed-admin you have to rt click on the thumbnail and use that address, then remove the '_tn' to get it full size....PITA, I know)

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Yep. We installed them on Laura's Monster as well. In this pic we still had the rear turn signals, but have since removed them.

This pic doesn't do them justice. At night, the halogen bar ends are so bright that you don't even notice the rear signals.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Here are the Rizoma Round Billet Indicators...retail for $40 apiece at Motowheels (far cheaper than ANYWHERE else)

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Yep. We installed them on Laura's Monster as well. In this pic we still had the rear turn signals, but have since removed them.
Is it legal not to have them on the rear of the bike??

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
the laws may be different in different states but basically if you clearly signal your intention then you should be ok... better check the VC of your state though. Signaling your intention can be with the use of hand signals.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Is it legal not to have them on the rear of the bike??
The bar end signals have both rear facing and front facing lenses, so you still have visible signals from the rear, they just aren't mounted to the rear of the bike.

(Truth is, New Mexico doesn't require turn signals on motorcycles at all... :-/ )

--Fillmore

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wonder if they would be seen around my fat a$$. If so I think I might get them.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hey deadpan who's FZ1 is that in the backround?

Dennis, I had my wife go behind me in her car and let me know if she could see the turnsignals past my rearend and she could. ;D

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
It belongs to the guy in the white hat in the picture... How come you didn't ask about the GS500??

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
the laws may be different in different states but basically if you clearly signal your intention then you should be ok... better check the VC of your state though. Signaling your intention can be with the use of hand signals.
Daffe from what i "ve been told hand signals alone are not legal here in cal.Haven't checked the dmv maybe some one else knows for sure. personaly the 1 finger salute seems to get peoples attention , turn signals just mean speed up so the guy can't get in front of you here in the "golden state'

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I have a pair of shiny Rizoma billet signals I will let go for 20 each plus whatever the shipping is. I had them for the back, but they will not fit with the rear seat cowl when mounted on my fender eliminator kit. I have rizoma's on the front and they are quite nice.

Regards,
Rideon

·
Registered
403 Posts
Why didn't I ask about the GS, because I don't own one of them ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Why don't they sell turn signals by the pair??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts