Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologize if this seems like an overly elementary question. But one side of my turn signals isn't working. No rapid flashing to indicate that one of the bulbs is out. Could it be the flasher relay? If so, can someone direct me to where it's located. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
if it is just one, i would suspect bulb or loose wire.
it wont necessarily flash fast like a car would

02+ dont have a flasher relay, its controlled by the ecu

jeff h
monsterparts.com

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
The flasher 'relay' on the board is a VN05B semiconductor device, related components provide a current reference that contols the flash rate. If a single bulb fails the flash rate will increase just like your car, this indication is mandated by law in many countries.

I would be looking at the handle bar switch first, they are a rinky dink construction and have been known to fail.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both answers. It is both front and rear on right side. Switch? I'll muck around this weekend. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i would start with the split half technique. halfway between the lamps and the switch, electrically speaking. i would start there .. so if its an older bike check for supply and earth out of the relay. if there is supply and earth start halfway between that point and the lamps (front or back doesnt matter). i would suspect there is either no supply or earth to the relay. which would suggest the switch as pointed out :D

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. As it turns out - it was a loose connection. The front and back light must in series hence both going out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts