Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried on this boot yet or own it? Im kinda digging it and am having a hard time finding a boot I actually like for all occasions.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That Nice Guy Beck said:
that latch looks like a rollerblade
Well, Sidi is known for their "ratchet" systems on shoes. I had many styles of the Sidi Genius shoes for bicycling. I find that its really good at making the fit incrementally spot on. Instead of velcro or laces that may stretch during a ride.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
I just picked up the Canyons yesterday. They had them at a local BMW dealership. These are my first real motorcycle boots. Before this I just wore combat boots. The Canyons seem to be top notch construction. They feel real comfortable but are gonna need some serious breaking in because they are stiff. I'm not a big fan of velcro, but the fit is nice. As far as the ugly buckle, it gets covered up by the cuff of my pants. My only complaint is that the toe area is real thick. Luckly, I have Rizoma rearsets and was able to adjust the shift lever. After wearing my other boots for the past six months, it's gonna take me a little while to get used to the stiffness and thickness of these boots.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I wear Sidi Vertigo's at the track exclusively, even though I have three other pairs of different brands to choose from. Fit, comfort, ventilation, safety, construction, quality - all are first rate. Most of the riders I see in the paddock wear Sidi's. The other brand I see most is Alpinestars.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, they came in today but I think they were a little loose so I ordered 43's also. I put my Dr. Scholls in the boot and they fit more snug on the instep, but I was still able to move my foot forward about a half inch without touching the front. I normally wear between 9.5 and 10 in sneakers. I wear a UK 9 in Docs which on sizing charts is between a 43 and 44 Euro but in the shoe says 43. Oh well, we shall see.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Where did u get them and what did u pay (if you don't mind)?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kah said:
Where did u get them and what did u pay (if you don't mind)?
Newenough.com and I paid $220. Ive ordered several things from them and I keep coming back even if I can find it cheaper somewhere else because of the customer service. Id gladly pay more for better service after dealing with a lot of bad "cheaper" companies in my time.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
i have the canyons as well. overall they're a pretty good boot and can be worn all day. they took a little time to break in, but nothing excessive. my only real complaint is the thickness of the sole/toe. i adjusted my shift lever, so they're better now, but i still feel too separated from the lever and not quite as in tune with the bike. thinking of going to a more racing geared a* or sidi that can still be worn with jeans.

also i'm usually about a size 12 US but these fit best in a 45 (as did the a* s-mx)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I got my new pair in the smaller size (43) and they fit much better. Very happy with these. The sole is a little thinner than I was hoping for if I intend on walking around at all but I can tell they will give me better feel on the rearsets.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts