Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got Sidi boots? How do they fit? Do they run true to size? Got any positive or negative comments on them? Best price/place to get'em? concidering the new B-one... $200 from motonation.com... Concerned however about "the Heat"... I live in AZ and love to ride in the summer to get out of the heat, only thing is you have to ride in the heat for a little while... so with that in mind I was concidering forking out the extra $100 for the Vertebra 2 carbon air... Extra $100 and you get carbon fiber(Yes, I am a member of CFA... Carbon Fiber Annonomous), and they are ventilated... I can see nothing more disturbing than buying a $200 pair of boots, and not wanting to wear them because they are too hot and make my feet sweat!!!

Any comments on Sidi boots, or any other boots would be appreciated...

R

·
0 Posts
try www.motorcyclegearreview.com the more popular brands usually have a fair number of rider reviews.

I ride in Alpinestars web goretex... I've been very happy with them. They keep my feet dry when it rains, the shin protection is nice against gravel and rocks at speed, and I've scraped the toes/sides of the boots a number of times.. they are quite sturdy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try www.motorcyclegearreview.com the more popular brands usually have a fair number of rider reviews.

I ride in Alpinestars web goretex... I've been very happy with them. They keep my feet dry when it rains, the shin protection is nice against gravel and rocks at speed, and I've scraped the toes/sides of the boots a number of times.. they are quite sturdy.
Thanks, didn't even think about that... They did have the review I was looking for and it sounds like the "air" venting system is B.S. so the extra $100 is only for carbon... still enticing!!

H

·
0 Posts
In my opinion, SIDIs run a bit tight in the sizing. I normally wear an 8 1/2 US, ordered 42 Euro(9 US) and they are snug. Try them on. I like the comfort and quality. They are more comfortable on the bike than standing.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I'be got Sidi Vertebra 2 Carbon Airs (V2CA). I'd agree that the venting doesn't seem to do much to cool them down when it's hot (if you wear them outside of leathers, most of the venting is blocked by your pant leg), but it makes them cold to ride in when it's wet/cold.

I think my V2CAs are far more comfortable than my Alpinestars SMXs.

The V2CAs were about right for sizing, my Sidi On-roads ran a little large. I'm not sure where that puts the B-ones...

The review at newenough.com says the B-one has less ankle and foot support than the Vertebras, For that reason, I'd blow the extra $40 on a pair of Verebras. Newenough has free shipping on Sidi boots, so you'd about be splitting the difference between vertebras and B-ones purchased through Moto Nation.

HTH,
--Fillmore

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have these: V2CA. Ran true in size for me (Euro 44). Ditto on the perfs not peforming when worn over leather and beeing cold when it's, uh, cold.

-R.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ha, but are they cooler than the standard vertebra 2's? azsbk.com has the carbon airs for $255 w/free shipping, not that I need it since they are only about 20 min away... And that means I CAN go try them on!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Ah ha, but are they cooler than the standard vertebra 2's?
Not by much. The perfs are only in the ankle area and you do get some air flow through there, but your toes will still be cookin'.

I'm in SoCal and I can live with them well. Not quite as hot as AZ in the summer, but it can get close.

-R.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I can't say anything from first hand experience, but I did read a good review that motorcyclist did last year. They said the Vertebra's are amongst there favorite so they were excited about the vented CF model. They said they could tell absolutely no difference in ventilation between the Vertebra and Vertebra 2. If you got the dough go for it, they look cool and offer as good of protection as the Vertebra. I'm dying to get a pair of SIDI's myself.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have the dough, but there is room on the credit card...

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
I have the Sidi Strada Tepor (waterproof) and they are good riding boots, but would get tiresome if I had to do a lot of walking. They tend to run a bit small - I bought a pair of size 44 since that's what I usually wear in other brands, and the Sidis don't have a lot of extra room for thick socks etc.

I've only ever worn them in light rain, so couldn't really comment on their waterproofness, and also, thank goodness, comment on their crashworthiness.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts