Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I'm trying to decide between the sidi vertebra 2 and the sidi strada evo boots. Anyone on the list able to compare both and can provider some FHE. Also, do you think the perforated boot (air models) would be too cold in a northern cali winter? I have done a search and saw lots of feedback regarding the vertebrae, but not too much regarding the strada. Thanks all in advance!

G

·
I just purchased some Vertebrae Race's from New Enough.com. they are the best boots i've tried on so far, those italians know how to make shoes! mine are not ventilated so I can't give you any feedback on that but fit and finish i believe they are the best money can buy! let me know what you get!
JJ

G

·
I'll put in another endorsement for the Sidi Verts. I took a look at the other Sidi boots but, for the few extra dollars, the substantial protection provided by the Verts seemed worth it to me. I tried on both pair and they were equally comfortable. I have only put about 200 miles on the Verts and the only thing that take some getting used to is the lack of tactial response from the shift and brake levers (due to the hard armor on the toes and heels).

G

·
I've got the SIDI Strada Tepor Evo and they are awesome. Super light, super comfy and good protection, I don't know if this helps at all, but I really like mine.

G

·
My wife owns the Vertebra 2s, and I own the Evos. We're both pretty pleased, and my wife has no problem wearing hers in the office. I like mine -- no bells and whistles but they have a nice, comfy feel.

G

·
I got the vertebra II perforated, and LOVE them!

Can't give you the answer about winter riding with the perforated cause I haven't yet... But they are amazingly confortable for power ranger boots. ;D

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I am sitting here in my Strada Evos as we speak. I've had them for a couple of months now and love them. Comfortable enough to wear all day and low key enough to wear in the office. I've done some 5 hour rides in them and even a track day. Haven't found a fault yet. Great protection and not a bad price. I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I wear V2Airs... They are very comfortable compared to other 'race'-type boots I've worn. I don't think the perforations do much when it's hot, but they mean that your feet get wet when it rains.

I'd probably get the non-perfed version if I did it again.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everybody for thier insight. I went with the sidi vert 2. i was able to get them at scuderia west in SF for cheaper than newenough.com (it helps to have the owners as neighbors) They feel comfy and don't require much break in, as on my commute they didn't feel like a new clumsy boot at all. Good fit and finish and lighter than my sidi city boots.

Side by side comparison, the sidi vert seemed IMHO to be a better boot for the money over the strada evo.

hope this helps some folks in the future.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I originally wanted the Strada boots too but went with the Vert II's when I found them for $205 at my local dealer. Couldn't pass them up and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
vert 2 rule!! Comfy and sturdy. I had a lowside and the bits and pieces meant to be replaced actually worked. My feet were fine and i have 2 other pair of boots that now will be relegated to city ( meaning under 25mph) riding.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have the Strada Evo's and am really happy with them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Vert2 Airs and love them. I wearthem ever time I go out. I have worn them for entire days and not noticed them much except for an occasional squeek.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Stradas and Vertigos appear almost the same except for the added graphics on the Vertigos. I am trying to decide which to get and like the Stradas due to the lack of colors and graphics. Are the Vertigos really a safer boot?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
I'm trying to decide btwn the Strada Evo, the Vert 2 or the Puma Desmo... decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Hal9000 said:
The Stradas and Vertigos appear almost the same except for the added graphics on the Vertigos. I am trying to decide which to get and like the Stradas due to the lack of colors and graphics. Are the Vertigos really a safer boot?
It's probably worth a new thread since Sidi's lineup has changed a bit since this post in 2004.

The vertigo has a different heel cup armor system, replaceable skid plates on the outside toe, and a claf adjustment system that allows you to vary the width of the upper of the boot around your calf. Definately more race boot than street, but I and many others wear them on the street.

Safer? Well, more armored yes, but the strada is already more boot than 90 percent of riders wear so I wouldn't be worried about my feet and ankles constantly in a pair.

The vertigo airs move quite a lot of air through which is nice on hot days if that matters. (although I haven't tried the strada airs to compare so not worth much).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts