Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Now I'm no expert, but I know this isn't quite right.

This is on my 2000 M900. I'm not the best at trouble shooting and resolving issues like this and I'm always hesitant to experiment, but if you all can point me in the right direction, I have no problem going at this. Is this something you've seen before? What, precisely, would cause this? How do I sort it out?

Thanks a million for your advise.

Be safe and have fun!

- Ryan

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Check to see if the mounting bolts are loose. Those also like to crack at the cases so look carefully.

·
Registered
23 Posts
On my 09 M696, I found that the top bolt of the kickstand was missing. This leans the bike way to the side when parked. Also I think the stator cover is f'd. Oil is starting to leak a bit. Took it to the dealership... I'll see what they have to say.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

I looked at a couple other same generation Monsters on their side stands, they were sitting the same way. What's up with that? I suppose this means all's well.

Still, I'd like to get the foot to sit flat. If you all have done anything yourself or have some ideas, please share.

Thanks! Be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
137 Posts
If it's bent using it to pivot the bike around like to about face in a parking spot could do that...
Is your rear suspension at stock height, or have you raised it at all? That would make her taller and throw off the geometry of the kickstand

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is your rear suspension at stock height, or have you raised it at all? That would make her taller and throw off the geometry of the kickstand
Good question... I don't believe that the suspension was raised, but I could be wrong as the bike has had two previous owners. However, if the suspension had ever been adjusted, my guess would be that someone would have lowered it, since the bars were on risers when I got it and I think the Corbin seat on it is lower that stock (leads me to believe it was set up for a shorter rider?).

I'll take a closer look at everything again. Thanks.

- Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts