Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Questions:

1.) Who is using the Evoluzione sidestand cutoff bypass?

and much more importantly;

2.)How do you install it?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Best mod I ever bought. Easy instructions, just follow them closeley and watch your wires. Don't rest them on hot or moving parts. Like was said, it is all plug and go, no splices or rewiring.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may depend on the model you have. I had to splice the wire according to the directions. The picture in the directions is hard to figure out, and it seems odd to cut the bypass itself. I just assumed it was this way since they must make one bypass for several models, and you have to modify it for some (I had to for my 2000 m900).

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Um, I wouldn't say the directions are SOOOPER clear, but with a bit of headscratching you can figure out where to route the wires. A must-have in my book (especially 'cuz I'm a space cadet and forget to raise my sidestand sometimes, typically when starting off on a big group ride. DOH!)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's done. I am assuming that you all have vry tiny childlike hands, such that a petite female child would have because it took me about 10 seconds to switch the weather plugs, 1 minute to saafely route the wire through and 15 goddam minutes to somehow pull out the neutral wire, which is on a short teather and has limited slack after its unplugged. Then shomehow i plug in the harness...then I had to solve the matter of how i was supposed to get it back in since i have these huge clumsy blue collar hands and coudlnt squeeze them in behind the engine for my life. All in all I am still VERY happy with it. Now I can actually start the bike and let it warm up without having to sit on it for two or three minutes, with a helmet and gloves on, looking like a dork.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My bad. Corrections. The job is supper easy except putting that damn netrual switch back in.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey BigSexy, NASA has designed this spage aged tool; it's called NEEDLENOSE PLIERS! They run about $400,000 at nasa.com but it so worth the money. If only a local store had them for less hmmm.............. :-*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts