Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my side stand moves left to right, does anyone else's do that? When its down (and the bike is still upright) I can reach down and move it toward and away from the bike. Is that normal? Id hate for something to be broken or loose, and i go out to the garage one day and find it dumped over.

Kevin

·
Registered
796 Posts
Is everything tight? all the bolts on the supporting bracket and everything?

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is everything tight? all the bolts on the supporting bracket and everything?
As far as i know, yes. The bolt that the side stand pivots on is definitely tight, i checked it. Ill have to look again to see if there's anything else that could be loose, and check those too.

Kevin

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm pretty sure that there are three bolts that hold the side stand bracket in place. (Okay, it might be two...) Check to see if all of the bolts are tight.

This is embarrassing, but I discovered that one of the bolts that holds the left side rearset in place hold also holds the side stand bracket in place. I know this because I was in the process of removing the stock rearsets and almost lost the bike. :eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry, I had a senior moment. There aren't three bolts that hold the side stand bracket in place. However, the bolt that does hold it in place does hold the rearset in place as well.

Well, I must sign off now. I've got to get to the market and pick up a supply of Depends.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm pretty sure that there are three bolts that hold the side stand bracket in place. (Okay, it might be two...) Check to see if all of the bolts are tight.

This is embarrassing, but I discovered that one of the bolts that holds the left side rearset in place hold also holds the side stand bracket in place. I know this because I was in the process of removing the stock rearsets and almost lost the bike.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Maybe it has worn the metal down in the bracket. I would try removing the pivot bolt and see if you cant put a washer in there to shim it.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
How far does it move?

How old is your bike? They do wear due to vibration and use..

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How far does it move?

How old is your bike? They do wear due to vibration and use..
I just got it at the end of December. Its a 2000 M900 with 2500 miles on it. Id say it splays to the side maybe a half inch from when it first touches the floor in my garage to when the bike has all its weight down on it. Ill probably pull it off and really get in there and see whats up. There's no reason I can think of for a 2500 mile bike to have this going on. Cycle cat stands look nice, but not for $140. Id rather the stock on just work like it should. . .

Kevin

·
Registered
294 Posts
OH, Got to get me one of those cycle cat side stands. Looks, good, now I can get rid of what looks like my bike is about fall over side stand.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I pulled the side stand off tonight. The shoulder bolt doesn't fit through the hole in the stand bracket very tightly. I can't see how a 2500 mile bike could have this be worn already. Thoughts on a fix?

Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts