Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 696: Has anyone had this issue where the one side stand bolt has worked its way out and sheared off part of the engine casing thread support for that bolt?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Heard some rumors on this- just to be safe at last service @moto Corse Performance inc (Ft Lauderdale--Chris Boy)had this attended to. don't know what they did--"Fix Kickstand" ??? Looks bad... any solutions ?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ugh. I guess it's good that it's not leaking.
Otherwise, no beuno.
I think I've read it can be welded, but not sure what has to come apart to do that.
Maybe the engine needs to come out. :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heard some rumors on this- just to be safe at last service @moto Corse Performance inc (Ft Lauderdale--Chris Boy)had this attended to. don't know what they did--"Fix Kickstand" ??? Looks bad... any solutions ?
No solutions, yet. Mech thinks his welder may be able to grind off the broken thread support weld a solid piece onto the engine casting in order to tap a new thread. I am convinced this piece would t have broken off if I hadn’t mounted the bike, or sat on it, with the side stand down. That loose bolt I’m sure is what broke that off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugh. I guess it's good that it's not leaking.
Otherwise, no beuno.
I think I've read it can be welded, but not sure what has to come apart to do that.
Maybe the engine needs to come out. :unsure:
Yeah, I’m not sure if the process either. Now I check the single side stand bolt left to make sure it’s tight before each ride. With bolts like that threaded into the engine casting it makes sense to not mount/dismount/sit on the bike while side stand is in down position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts