Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys.
This is my first post here, so - please - if this question has already been answered a million times, will someone point me to the correct thread? I've searched everywhere for this topic, and I've come close, but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.
So, I removed the evap canister from the left side of my 696. The bike already looks so much better, but there's now a cut-out in the side panel where the canister was located. The left side panel is noticeably bigger and now misshapen compared to the right side. Gross!
I guess I could try to find a European replacement for the left side that's symmetrical to the right, BUT...
When I had the panel completely off, I really liked the way the bike looked with nothing there, and I would prefer to completely strip them off. HOWEVER, when I removed the panel, I noticed that the center piece which protects the horn is connected to the side panels but not the frame, so when the panels come off, the horn is completely exposed.
Another thing, when I attempted to remove the right side panel, it wouldn't come completely off because it was connected to the voltage regulator heat sink.
So, my question(s) is/are:
Is there a way/location to relocate the voltage regulator and cover the horn so I can completely remove the side panels? There is an unused bracket on the frame in front of the horn which I'm assuming is used to mount the radiator on a liquid-cooled bike. I'm wondering if there is some sort of cover that attaches directly to that bracket. Do I even NEED to cover the horn or just let it fly in the wind?
If not, I guess I'm looking for a matching left side panel. Anyone know a seller?
Thanks in advance for everything,
Dave

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The euro spec side panel is only $35 I think I got mine at Motowheels.

They are also available in carbon at a few places on the net, but they are way more money.

I'm slowly replacing all the black plastic on the bike with carbon. So if you can wait a month or two, I'll sell you mine.

If you're intent on removing them completely, you'll need to fab up some brackets. Home Depot has aluminium stock that should work fine.

forgot to post the link
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/m...For=&collection=168|European Motorcycle Parts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts