Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some guy with the side panels removed and wondered what you've done about the electrical coil found on the left hand side? Did you leave it uncovered??

R.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I unbolted mine and remounted it under the seat. I pulled the spark plug wire off, ran it kind of next to the ECU, and put a loose zip tie through one of the coil's mounting holes and something else (can't remember what right now) just to keep it from banging around. No issues. Of course, I still have the mounting tabs on the side of the bike, but THAT mod is for another day...

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I think on the newer Monster's the electrical coil on the left is welded into the frame, at least that's what mine looked like on my '03 M800. It's one of the reasons I haven't taken my side panels off, I wasn't sure what to do with it and it's kinda ugly. Anyone have first hand experience with this?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone got pics of this coil ? I took mine off, but there is nothing there

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm gonna go with the carbon fiber side panels and get more CF for the summer. That should be hot!

R.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The coil on the left side is not welded on but it does have small bracket welded on the frame behind the cover.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just bought 2 CF side panels of ebay for $90.
Solved my problem.

R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts