Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i removed my emissions canister and also removed the side panels, looks SWEEET minus the d**n coil on the left side.

any suggestions on what to do with it. atm it's zip tied to one of the solid gas lines coming from my tank. i know not the best place, but it's what i found for the time being. long term solution would be a more solid place.

btw, i call it coil cuz that's what it said on the parts catalog. it's the thing the spark plug cable plugs into.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Yeah what he said. I replaced the plastic sheet under the seat w/ a piece of aluminum. I bolted the coil and the regulator directly to it. Also made a great place to bolt the resistors for LED turn signals.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a big plastic thing there and the cables dont reach behind that. can i just remove the plastic?

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
That plastic thing is a catch-box for the crank case breather system. The regulator/rectifier may be bolted right on top of it. It can be removed but there are a couple more things involved. You've gotta get a breather filter for the crank case, and also plug the hole in the airbox that will b left when you yank the plastic thing and its plumbing. A "SEARCH" for crank case breather will yield fantastic results. After you remove the plastic thing, you'll need to get something to mount the rectifier on. My bike (pictured in link above in FAQ) has a simple piece of 6"x12" aluminum that I found at ACE hardware doing the trick. Aluminum is a good heat sink, and the piece of aluminum is big enough to mount the coil on too. :D

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Rule is exactly right, TPO makes a kit that has the correct filter and plug or you can just buy a small K&N filter (thats what they use) and a plastic plug for the box from the hardware store. Or you can eliminate the air box and go to pod filters. (Rule, I used your idea with the alu plate, I will send you some pics when its done)

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ordered the kit from TPO thx guys. and i did see the FAQ before but musta looked too quickly to find the filter removal info.

thanks guys.

here's a pic of the bike without side panels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts