Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a S2R-800 with the upgraded Termis (2 on the right side, one above the other) and want to change the setup to underseat (one on either side). Is this going to be difficult and costly? I'm sure this topic has been posted before but I can't seem to find the links. Help is appreciated!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, did some checking around, and Zards does the 2 underseat exhausts. Does anyone know how to modify (or is there a kit) for the Termis to be underseat?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Um ... underseat is probably the wrong term to use but we know what you mean [thumbsup]

As far as I know Termi don't do that setup for your bike. You're looking at a Zard or Spark full system unless you want to just buy their pipes and find someone to work out a custom fitting for your Termi cans, but that may work out more expensive.

Edit. Remus is another brand that offers that set up

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:p umm ok so what's the technical term for it?

Anyhow, does any1 know if the end of the Termi cans fit the pipes of the Zard or other makes? I've got a factory that should be able to replicate to some close degree the setup for the "underseat" cans.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I think you're talking about 'hi mount' systems. You can have exhaust tubes custom bent. Take a look at http://www.arcfabrication.com/ for some ideas. Maybe even hook up with them for your solution. Best of luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YES ITA!!! That's kinda exactly what I'm looking for! What izzit, how'd u do it, how much will it set me back, more pix??????

·
Registered
832 Posts
polapatl said:
YES ITA!!! That's kinda exactly what I'm looking for! What izzit, how'd u do it, how much will it set me back, more pix??????
Gedday mate...

I was just wondering if that's what you meant by underseat...

My set up is a stock DP kit for the S4r... 50mm full system, SPS cams, ECU and airbox!!

Ita.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
That's a different bike with a different engine. I still say Termi don't make a high mount pipe for your S2R800. It would be nice to think that another manufacture's pipe would fit your Termis. The thing about modding is that nothing ever just bolts on.

BTW 'underseat' is generally regarded as this sort of business:

·
Registered
286 Posts
potapatl,termignoni makes the a high mount kit for the S2R8 but since you have every thing you need except the "S" pipes,and brackets to mount the cans...

I think you're talking about 'hi mount' systems. You can have exhaust tubes custom bent. Take a look at http://www.arcfabrication.com/ for some ideas. Maybe even hook up with them for your solution. Best of luck!from c_rex
...I'll take some more pics of brackets from under the fender for you after work...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Wait a minute ... if Termi make a high mount kit for the S2R8 (and I'm happy to stand corrected on that), couldn't he just order the pipe and any brackets he needs straight off the shelf from Termi?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wanwo said:
Wait a minute ... if Termi make a high mount kit for the S2R8 (and I'm happy to stand corrected on that), couldn't he just order the pipe and any brackets he needs straight off the shelf from Termi?
That would definitly be worth the phone call.
[thumbsup]

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's kinda what I'm looking for... I want to keep my cans coz I've already got them... I just want the so-called "S" pipes and mounting kits... and maybe the passenger pegs! Does anyone know if the pipes for the 50mm will fit my Termis?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Termignoni definitely does make a full high mount setup for the S2R 800 - these pics are the kit on my bike. It comes with the chip, open (cut) airbox lid, new filter, and udder-back pipes and cans. The price makes you throw up a little when you hear it....

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts