Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have pulled those bulbous side covers off...did you leave the tabs on the frame or did you pull those off too? Having the side covers gone looks so much better but now I have the exposed tabs and it bothers me because it doesn't look clean. But if I pull them off I would have to match the frame paint to cover it up and to prevent the rustage. Any thoughts or experiences?? And if anyone knows...what is the gray paint code for the frame on '03 Monsters?? Thanks all!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I thought about grinding the tabs off, but (1) that would be a b!tch, and (2) if I ever decide to upgrade (S4R?), it would be nice to be able to return it to stock.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'm going to be putting on Sil high-pipes in the near future and thought about removing the side pods myself. Would using the touch up paint sticks be good enough on the exposed area after the tabs are ground off?

G

·
When I removed my side covers, I covered the tabs with a piece of black heat shrink......not perfect, but it does look a little more finished.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I'm in the same delima. My tabs are just sitting out there as ugly as ever. To remove or not to remove, that is the question.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure I will end up leaving them there just in case I ever "need" to put the cover back on or sell the bike. But then I start arguing with myself that it looks too nice with them off so they won't go back on and if I sell the bike then the hell with the new owner because they shouldn't put them back on either! I'm so confused! That's it, they are coming off later today. So, anyone know the paint code so I can touch it up after I tear them off?

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Here's my answer...

When in doubt, grind it out... [smiley=evil.gif]

--Fillmore

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
please post pics when you are done. I'm going to be doing the same thing, and am interested in the results you get!

WooHA!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts