Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
i have the sidebags, same as the st2/4/4s. very solid luggage and almost waterproof. once you get used to luggage it is hard to go without.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I've got a set of the TourMaster Cortech saddlebags, tailbag and tankbag. It's soft luggage though, so you get the good and bad associated with that.

I'm really pretty happy with it. It mounts securely and easily, doesn't rash the paint and carries quite a bit of gear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think there is a company called Five Star that makes a rack that would allow you to use Givi hard side cases on a monster. I know I've seen pics of a dark monster with that rack and Givi's on it.

Somebody here may know more (or the owner of that bike may be a member!) You could try google for Five Star.

Good luck.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
IIRC, Daffe had a Givi top case, and maybe the bags as well...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Hey Desmo, what are you riding? I have a Givi Topcase and rails for sale. The rails are for a 2000 or 2001 while the topcase fits all Monsters (with the appropriate rails of course). They won't mount if you have high pipes though. Very sweet setup, especially for two up riding as it has a backpad you can get that lets your passenger lean against it taking pressure off you. Let me know if you're interested in more details...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Miles,
thanks for the offer. There's only one problem I am on the other side of the ocean in italy! i am setting up a rental place in Rome and was trying to find out how people like to transport their bits and pieces whilst travelling on a Monster. The fleet will have M800 and I had in mind of equipping each bike with hard luggage by Ducati. The cases are very nice but a touch on the expensive side. So I thought why not ask the experts and so I posted this message.
Ciao
Desmotourer

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Hi Nick
I got the Tourmaster sport saddle and tail bags but can't figure out what to use as the rear mount points. Could you please let me know what you attached the rear ties to?
Thanks
Sandeep
(2003 Monster 620 Dark )

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
If you are doing rentals, do not buy the color painted ones. Opt for the unpainted ones like Givi. I have that one on my Cagiva Gran Canyon and it is great. Maybe you can help me with finding Nonfango side bags and mounts for the Cagiva, or steer me to a Givi or Nonfango dealer there. In the states its impossible to find side boxes for it unless you like the ammocase ones (yuk).

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Desmotourer,
I got the Ducati hard bags (panniers) for my '03 Monster 620. They were kinda expensive, but less than I expected. I didn't get the top case, though. They work well and have a good amount of space; either one will hold a full face helmet. I ride the bike nearly every day to work and got tired of using a back pack. The hard bags work much better. I couldn't find mounts for the Givi bags. Good luck.

Eddie

1 - 13 of 13 Posts