Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do side air scoops help/hurt performance on the Monster, or are they mostly for show?? :-/ I think they look cool, and am looking to put K&N pods on my carbs and would like to put on some CF scoops on the sides at the same time(the belly pan is also on my wish list), and was wondering if this was a good idea, an what choices are out there for me to buy. (Any cool CF belly pan pics would be great too, since I have no idea what's out there) :D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sorry no one has replied yet. Unfortunately I'm not a tech authority around here.... but for what it's woth, ebay has some killer RoadRacing side air scoops up right now!

G

·
It helps performance somewhat. Those air scoops (im assuming you are talking about the ones that attach to the frame and point air inwards) are there mainly to cool the verticle cylinder which runs hotter because it doesnt get as much air as the horizontal cyclinder.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I bought all of my CF side scoops and bellypan from stuart. And the stuff looks great. I think they do help some in cooling the top cylinder, but I bought them cause I love carbon fibre.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I just go the upper CF air scoops and the Monza belly pan back from the painter - Matte Silver - I've got a week left at school, then I'll try to post a pic or two when I get home.

G

·
there's two different kinds. the ones that fit in the upper "triangle" in the frame direct cool air to the intake. the ones that fit in the lower "triangle" in the frame direct cool air to the rear cylinder as mentioned earlier.

·
Registered
829 Posts
There are also two other different kinds too, because the ones that fit the 900 type frame do not fit the 800 type frame. Make sure if your frame is post 2002 you get the right one. BTW anybody who has one, how do you affix the front screw?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Zip ties Baby. I tried to use the screws but gave up after a couple of hours. They slip in place and the zip hold them very firmly.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
should be the same, I think it is different than the S4, 1000, and 800. I think the frame change was in..... 2002 ???

When I ordered from spareshack I just specified my bike year and model. He carries all of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts