Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out how to disassemble the left fork on my 2009 monster 696. It is completely different from the right fork and the service manual doesnt address it. SOS

Does this part unscrew? If so, is it LH of RH thread. Thanks

·
Registered
473 Posts
So you already got the cartridge side out.. I don't know man. What's holding it up from coming out? Nothing underneath other than the spring right? What are you trying to do to the forks?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you already got the cartridge side out.. I don't know man. What's holding it up from coming out? Nothing underneath other than the spring right? What are you trying to do to the forks?
I got andreani cartridge inserts. I called a couple suspension places and apparently I need a plethora of tools and have to take the statntion tube off of the lower portion. So, against my better judgement, I guess I'm heading to a suspension shop

The other fork was a super easy installation

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yikes. I was afraid that might be the case. That's a BS design. Removing the lower from the tube is no easy task, and usually means new paint or powder coat on the lowers because of the heat required. Will the spring fit through the opening if you can cut the retainer out of the way?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yikes. I was afraid that might be the case. That's a BS design. Removing the lower from the tube is no easy task, and usually means new paint or powder coat on the lowers because of the heat required. Will the spring fit through the opening if you can cut the retainer out of the way?
No, the tube MUST be removed because it is held in place by the back of the tube.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts