101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2014 Monster 696.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just picked up this 2013 on saturday for a great price. She was definitely neglected over the last couple years so needs a little work. Gonna be very active in the classifieds!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
2012 Monster 696 ABS

Current List of Mods:

* G2 Throttle Tamer
* Termi Kit (Exhaust, ECU, Air Filter)
* 14T Front Sprocket
* SpeedoHealer
* Brake light Pro
* Denali SoundBomb Airhorn (Internal)
* Sliders (Frame, F/R Axle, Handlebar)
* Handlebar Weights
* Evotech Tail-Tidy

Future Mods:
* Big-bore Cylinder Upgrade
* Exhaust Coating (Chrome or Black)

- James Fox

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm new to the forums, and new to riding on the road. Rode MotoX when I was younger. I never felt confident on the road, due to my own lack of maturity. Alway just want to twist the throttle and hold it open, and I knew I would kill myself soo we or later.
Finally the maturity I have been waiting for is here now, so I have got my Learners and bought a 659. It has quiet a few mods, main ones are 1100s ohlins forks and 796 swing arm and rims

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
My 2011 696 attached below. I got this bike late 2018 and it's my first motorcycle.

Mods:
- Barend mirrors
- Evotech front axle sliders
- Motovation rear axle sliders
- LED License plate bolts
- DIY tail tidy (by the previous owner and pretty horribly done)
- Billet Aluminum Front Brake and Cluth Res caps as well as Rear Brake Res Cap.

Mods to be done soon (have parts just not installed):
- NRC Tail Tidy with LED Rear strip
- Evotech frame slider

Also, if any one is interested in seeing the mods I do and DIY videos my YouTube channel is here: www.youtube.com/funwithaj

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just got this Hayden special. First Duc and I am impressed on how well the motor goes and the handling. Starts crappy but I will figure that out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
More Updates

Providing some updates to my previous post for 2011 696. It's evolved from my original vision of a stealthy all black bike to what I'm now calling the Black and Tan bike.

Mods:
- Barend mirrors
- Evotech front axle sliders
- Motovation rear axle sliders
- Billet Aluminum Front Brake and Clutch Res caps as well as Rear Brake Res Cap.

Mods Added since last update:
- Billet Aluminum oil fill cap
- Black titanium seat cowl screws
- EvoTech Main Frame Sliders
- NRC Tail Tidy
- TripMachine Leather Grip Wraps
- Custom made and sewn on Brake and Clutch lever leather wraps (I stole this idea from a Honda Build)
- Custom Tan Seat
- Black Ducati Performance Fork Wraps

Mods to come:
- Maybe a Motodemic Adaptive Headlight Unit
- Maybe M-Pin blaze Front led Signals
- May do a black exhaust wrap (or find a way to repolish/clean current
- May do aftermarket slip on exhaust if I can find a cheap/used pair
- Side Tank cushion Knee and Center Leather Set.

I'm at the point where I'm probably putting too much time and money into the bike and may just buy a new model/bike eventually, not sure yet.

Also, if any one is interested in seeing the mods I do and DIY videos my YouTube channel is here: www.youtube.com/funwithaj

Photo Attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had her about 3 weeks now and put about 400 miles in. Too quiet with the stock exhaust in my opinion, but here she is. Only mod done was adjustable levers by previous owner.

·
Registered
105 Posts

D4 racing grips, new bikini fairing (I like the look and it certainly helps on the freeway, s4r modified exhaust, LED plug and play headlight, wrapped lower header.

6k miles in 3 months means 1 valve job, 2 oil changes (Motul 5100 4T 10w-40), 1 oil filter change, 2 spark plug changes, air filter change, clutch and brake fluid replacement, new tires (my favorite Shinko Podium 006, not joking)

I love this bike. Every time I get off I just turn around and stare at it for a while.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts