Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
I just got that clutch cover installed. Great mod. Now I just need to put the clip ons, wraps the forks and wait for my other panels to finish getting painted.

sexy. I think i screwed up when I got a gold pressure plate....Maybe should have gone for a red...Choosing colors isn't really my strong point. I'm that kid in school who gets all the paints and mixes them into 1 color and calls it good....

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Nah. I think your bike is looking good Mik. The gold plate matches the rear suspension.

By the way, which carbon fiber instrument cover is that. I ordered a mix of carbon fiber from different places. I got the Slingshot cover on Amazon and it does not fit at all. I was going to order one from Monster Parts and see how that goes. So far I got

Monster Parts - Middle tank piece (fits good) and rear fender (don't know about fit yet)

Slingshot Racing - Instrument cover (crap) and Front fender (Seemed to fit ok, but I have to hunt down an abs wire bracket for underside.

CDT-R - Upper tank piece. Haven't gotten this yet.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nah. I think your bike is looking good Mik. The gold plate matches the rear suspension.

By the way, which carbon fiber instrument cover is that. I ordered a mix of carbon fiber from different places. I got the Slingshot cover on Amazon and it does not fit at all. I was going to order one from Monster Parts and see how that goes. So far I got

Monster Parts - Middle tank piece (fits good) and rear fender (don't know about fit yet)

Slingshot Racing - Instrument cover (crap) and Front fender (Seemed to fit ok, but I have to hunt down an abs wire bracket for underside.

CDT-R - Upper tank piece. Haven't gotten this yet.
the carbon instrument cover, tank sides (supposed to be red/black carbon but turned out to be more of a wine/chocolate color) engine sprocket cover, oil cooler cover are from Flink carbon out of Hong Kong. I had to sand back the excess epoxy on the instrument cover to make it fit. Still not 100% happy with the fitment. Got a dremel now so I can fix it.
The other pieces (tank centers, front/rear huggers, cam covers and monoposto are from Ilmburger carbon from Germany. That carbon lined up exact, no bubbles or yellowing. Each piece comes in its own drawstring pouch bag. Very good!!

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just cleaned by bike.

Where might one be able to purchase that front under fairing? I'm only finding small ones in carbon fibre.
It is the Barracuda belly pan. It comes not painted. I got it at http://bellissimoto.com/BarracudaBellyPans.html.

Also FYI when I bought mine it says its $189.00 but when I added it to my cart it changed the price to $99.95. I believe it still work this way. I'm not sure why they have it priced like that.

Also on another note it took them a month and a half to get the belly pan to me as they had to order straight from Italy. (maybe reason for reduced price?)

·
Registered
30 Posts
It looks like your exhaust is mounted to your swingarm, or am I just seeing that wrong? How does that work with swingarm travel?
Good eye but its not mounted to the swingarm. It's mounted to a bracket (paper mock-up shown here). I made a mold and I'm laying up the carbon fibre version now. Final bracket to be installed in a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good eye but its not mounted to the swingarm. It's mounted to a bracket (paper mock-up shown here). I made a mold and I'm laying up the carbon fibre version now. Final bracket to be installed in a few days.
Nice, I look forward to seeing the final version! I dig that setup.

·
Registered
135 Posts
See below...

41 - 60 of 120 Posts