Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ladies,
I'm a new rider and have accumulated all the gear (jacket, gloves, helmet, boots) except the pants. I would prefer leathers to reinforced jeans, and I have the Ducati IOM leather jacket that comes with zippers at the waist for the option to zip together with pants. But I'm not sure where to get them.. my local Ducati dealership has nothing in stock to try on.. I didn't see anyhting on the Ducati website..
So I'm wondering what my otions are?? alternatives to ducati brand?
Thanks!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Make a trip to Seattle. Take the Victoria Clipper and then walk to DucSea! The Clipper dock is a 20 minute to the Ducati shop. If you do it, I would give you a ride and lunch.

DucSea has a great selection and Sonny is great.

Mary

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my pants. I have three pair... the Alpinestars Stella Cat pants. They have knee armor and are very slim fitting and attractive. I also have the Joe Rocket Trixie white/gunmetal leathers which have armor in the knee and the hip, and the Joe Rocket ballistic 5.0 overpants. The leathers are great for riding canyons, and I love the overpants because I just throw them over slacks or jeans when I commute. They zip up the side so I can just put them on/take them off in the parking lot. You can usually get them pretty cheap at www.newenough.com. The Joe Rocket pants are pretty cute on, so that makes them nice.

I would definitely recommend leather over reinforced denim... one thing to consider is for extra safety it is nice to be able to zip your pants into your jacket (required at the track for example). I believe your Ducati jacket is made by Dainese, so you probably need Dianese pants to zip them together. It is pretty stupid because every different manufacturer has a different zipper size and you can't mix and match. The good thing is that you can go to your local tailor and change out the zippers if you want.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
If you have the Ducati jacket, get these!
http://www.saltlakemotorsports.com/ducati-ladies-flag-leather-pants.html?ovchn=FRO&ovcrn=982940013&ovtac=CMP&ovcpn=ducati-ladies-flag-leather-pants-black

I love these pants. I feel like if I were in them, my a*s would just feel so much smaller and perkier! and even better, italian-ier.

I'm also in the market for leather pants and have nothing to try on locally. I have a MotoGP brand jacket but the brand does not make any leather pants for women so I'm pretty confused as to what the zipper is supposed to zip into? Anyone know?

The Alpinestars Cat pants look good. I might get these guys. For those that have them, how is the sizing in the thighs? I have a pretty small waist and super giant thighs (I'm not saying this to be girly, they really are so huge that when I crashed I rested my bike on them to lift it).

Any leather pants feedback would be great. For the ladies that have them, would you mind posting pics??

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the great suggestions guys!
The Cat pants look like they'd be good; and I like the idea of the Joe Rocket overpants (mostly because I use my bike to commute, and it would be really convenient to be able to just take them off when I get to school, work, etc.) Oh and the Ducati leathers DesmoLu posted look sweet!

But because I really want to try them on before I buy them, I think I'm going to take Mary up on her offer and make the trip down to Seattle Ducati to se what they have in stock! ;D I hope they have some that zip into my jacket too, that would be a bonus!

·
Banned
124 Posts
On the zip together thing - most likely any pants you buy will come with the mating side of the zipper, so you can sew it into any jacket. So don't sweat buying a different brand.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey fellow ladies, if anybody is in the charlotte area and wants to try on a size 7 pair of leather Icon pants, let me know. I'm trying to sell mine (they're brand new).

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I've been trying on the Rev-it brand and Dainese Stella Cat pants over the last several months. (My first issue was getting over the euro sizes.) I'm a 4-6 and the Dainese 42 are a bit too small (was told to buy them, put them on, get in the shower and do some deep knee bends and let them dry after they're a little stretched - this coming from another femle duc rider who did this...) Not ready to do that yet when I look at the price tag. The Rev-it brand (don't recall the style) in a size 40 was too large. Frustrating. Next option is to try the Cat's in a 44. (These will also fit my Dainese jacket.) Will be in Seattle first w/end in May. The duc-riding bf and I may have to take Czaja's recommendation and hit the boat for the trip over to DucSea! (Thanks for the suggestion!) I've been riding in jeans. Have come to the conclusion that the saying "dress for the fall, not for the ride" makes a hell of a lot of sense! Good luck!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Stella said:
I've been trying on the Rev-it brand and Dainese Stella Cat pants over the last several months. (My first issue was getting over the euro sizes.) I'm a 4-6 and the Dainese 42 are a bit too small (was told to buy them, put them on, get in the shower and do some deep knee bends and let them dry after they're a little stretched - this coming from another femle duc rider who did this...) Not ready to do that yet when I look at the price tag. The Rev-it brand (don't recall the style) in a size 40 was too large. Frustrating. Next option is to try the Cat's in a 44. (These will also fit my Dainese jacket.) Will be in Seattle first w/end in May. The duc-riding bf and I may have to take Czaja's recommendation and hit the boat for the trip over to DucSea! (Thanks for the suggestion!) I've been riding in jeans. Have come to the conclusion that the saying "dress for the fall, not for the ride" makes a hell of a lot of sense! Good luck!
Do you mean the Alpinestars Stella Cat pants? I did a quick google search and the only Stella Cat pants I came up with were the Alpinestars. Good to know if you have Dainese jacket. :) I have the Alpinestars Cat pants. They are pretty tight! I wear a 0-2 in normal jean size, and the cat pants are pretty snug at a size 40. The only other complaint I have about them is they have a snap for the waist closure, and the snap comes undone at inopportune moments like when I open the throttle and get thrown back in the seat a little. I actually found it annoying enough that I don't wear the pants anymore since I got my Joe Rocket Trixies. If you ladies want I can try and post some pictures of my various pants so you can check them out.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
My bad! Dainese firefly pants. 44 is my next option. I've been looking too long & at too many brands & styles that they're beginning to blur! Need to get it figured out soon. One of these days, decent riding will finally be here! Thanks for the correction! :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
[thumbsup]

The sad thing is that I have accumulated so much gear that I can't even remember what I have. I SO need to get over getting a jacket to match every bike. I have a smiliar shoe fettish...

Ha, does anyone want to buy an xs gsxr jacket? Hehe, going once, going twice? I know... dirty gixxer. :eek:

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
If you are looking for leather pants....i've got an awesome pair of Fieldsheer perforated 360 degree zipper track pants. Bought them used, but they are in super condition. I purchased a full texport ducati suit so these can go....size 14 for us bigger gals! I think they fit pretty true to size, go inside boots. Pics available if interested! ;)

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
scienceiscool said:
On the zip together thing - most likely any pants you buy will come with the mating side of the zipper, so you can sew it into any jacket. So don't sweat buying a different brand.
thanks for the tip! that's good to know. I haven't made it to Seattle yet (school mon-fri and work on the weekends-not sure this is gonna happen :-\) So I might just pick up the next good deal I see in Vancouver (if I see one)

I'm just sick of riding in jeans!

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Has anyone tried on or bought the new Scorpion line of women's leather gear? Specifically the Haley Pants and the Elektra Jacket?

http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55...ear%99&sc_id=7F4C1A810A454057B5C947724A094BAC
http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55...ear%99&sc_id=7F4C1A810A454057B5C947724A094BAC

I am interested in both but face 2 problems: First - much like most of us- no local dealer ever has anything in stock to try, and Second - I have relatively long legs on a small frame, whereas most US gear is designed either for tiny petite women, or taller stockier women. So pants are usually either too short, or too big at the waist, and jackets are either too short in the sleeves or too large for my non-existent chest :)

The Scorpion size chart looks like it would be adequate for my size...but before I take a gamble with return policies etc., I thought I would see if anyone has already had any experience with this gear and has any comments on how they like it - style, fit, protection etc.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Hey Ducatihotti,

That gear looks super nice! I've never tried it, but I really like what I see. Thanks for posting. The fact that the pants are perforated is great since leather pants get pretty hot. It seems like the protection is thorough, and they look sexy too! [thumbsup]

My only comment is that I would be sure to get the pair... one thing that can be a little bit of a problem with the sexy low rise pants is that jackets tend to ride up in a crash and you get tummy/side road rash. :( Not fun. I love my low rise joe rocket trixie pants, but it is a bit of a concern with even a regular length jacket. However, I see that the jacket made for those pants is specifically desceribed as being long waisted, so I think that would solve the problem. Also, presumably they zip together, making it even safer. Nice find!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
oooo ducatihotti please let me know if you get more info on or decide to order those Scorpion leather pants. I love the look of them!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
LOOOVE the Scorpion pants- I saw them for the first time a few weeks ago online. If they weren't so expensive, I'd totally go for them... I'll see how long I can hold off on my student budget. They're the first perf leather pants I've seen around, and the stitching + design is haaawt. Big drawback- no armor. As much as I hate my "fat pants" (Joe Rocket Cleo overpants, I think), they're loaded with protection in knees and hips. If I got these, I'd try to get some kind of knee guard to go underneath, but that would depend on the fit of the pants.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts