Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi!
i want to adjust the preload adjusting nut and i just can't because i can't find from where to buy a pin wrench.
is there a site where u can order internationaly monster spare parts and maybe a toolkit?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Use a drift punch and a big hammer. Even suspension experts often adjust them that way rather than using the "correct tool".

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree much easier too.....see if you can find a brass rod about 5mm's or so, 25-30cm long, set it in the collar indents and hit it with a hammer...feel free to squirt collars with wd40 or something if stuck. Once loose, hammer the bottom collar down until you are happy with your sag. I would do a couple of turns and ride to check it out.....I marked my collars before adjusting so I could count the turns and cinch them back up to where they were. A vertical line with a sharpie running through both collars. Sorry if I am overstating things for you.

Google tools? See who ships to you or is in Europe?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I've got a question about adjusting the shocks. The manual recommends adjusting the shock absorber to the proper preload when carrying passengers. Is this something you can do pretty easily each time you plan on riding with a passenger, or is it difficult? I read your comments above, but I havn't got my hands dirty yet. How much time does this take? I rode with a passenger for the first time, and it felt pretty uncomfortable with the shocks compressed so much. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts