Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good trucking company they know about that is NOT a broker, I am thinking of picking up a s2r 1000 and having it shipped to me in NY.

thanks guys

L

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used Haul Bikes and had pretty good luck with them. They trucked my 07 695 from Ohio to upstate NY. It took about 2 weeks (it had to go from Ohio to their hub in Milwaukee, then to NY). The customer service was pretty good and the driver actually backed his 70ft trailer into my urban cul de sac and unloaded my bike right onto my driveway.

Shipping cost was ~$600. IMHO totally worth it due to the hassle free nature.

http://www.haulbikes.com/

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I've used Forward Air in the past. I shipped a KTM 640 Adventure from Texas to Michigan. Cost like $550 using their motorcycle specific container. The seller would have to bring the bike to a FA terminal (located in most major cities near airports) and some tie down straps. You'd then go pick it up at their terminal. I'd use them again.

·
Super Moderator
3,955 Posts
From where?

$600 and two weeks from Ohio to upstate NY? That would have taken about 6 hours to ride, for about $30.

Last month I transported my M900 2700 miles from San Diego to Cleveland. Cost: $300. time: 4 days. Method: I rode it. That's what they're for.

It's summer; take a trip.

PhilB

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
transport

thanks i decide to use jim at i95 transports s2r 1000 yet to arrive but 5500 bucks for a 2007 with 3300 miles has given me a boner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts