Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy is asking me how much it costs to ship a monster cross country (Baltimore to Cali), so that he can buy my bike.
Does anybody know or have personal experience with a reputable trucking company that does this?
thanks

Stuart

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
i don't have experience with these people, they were complimented by someone on this board.

mc transportation

www.iht-haul.com
That was me. They brought my M900 from WI to PA for me. Door to door. They were great, and I would definitely use them again. The bike came in a 40' goose neck enclosed (and unmarked) trailer. They stored it for 2 weeks before they were able to bring it my way, and it was in a locked trailer, inside a locked compound the whole time. I can't say enough good things about them.

Kevin

·
Registered
796 Posts
I shipped a bike from Cali to Ga. using Forward Air. It cost me $400 but the bike weighed 700lbs. You have to drain the fluids, take it down to the location, and strap in a shipping container. Then you have to pick it up at the final destination. It only took 3 days to make the trip.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Used those dudes (IHT) too. I wasn't there when the bike got delivered, but the old man was well impressed with the mode of transport - and I was very happy that the bike was imaculately taken care of.

Also used motorcycleexpress.com - but I think they only do overseas stuff. Also highly recommended.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
monkey1boy1, how long does overseas shippiing take? any ideas of cost from here to europe?

·
Banned
551 Posts
SGris - I can't tell where in the states you are writing from so - Motorcycle Express will fly your bike direct (one way) from Toronto to Dublin - that means next day. They said flying out of a canadian airport was cheaper. They can also fly you direct to other European Cities (I have been told to avoid london) for around the same dosh.

Some other companies I was referred to and got qoutes for are:

Warren Motorcycle Transport - to Germany.

Berlay Cargo - from JFK - I dont remember the destination - but am guessing it was either Germany or London.

Since I used motorcycle express and was very happy with the service - I would recommend them. If you are considering sea route - don't do it. It is a few hundred less and will take 2-3 months (no guarantee) - as opposed to direct flights that can usually be scheduled to the day depending on cargo traffic.

And with the exchange rates the way they are now - if you are even considering doing it, you could most definitely sell your bike here for more than in the US. That is, if you want to sell it and don't want to pay the shipping back.

If you want more info, you can always send me a pm off line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts