Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 questions here. I am looking a valve adjustments on a 620 and S2R1000. Do these take different shims? I don't want to buy an entire kit of shims, but I would like to have the shims on hand that I might need. Are there certain shims that are most likely to be used at the first adjustment. If that is the case, then I would just buy a collection of those.
Thanks, Ben.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I thought that having the shims on hand was the way to go. No longer, ordering from Mike at EMS was easy. I got my shims quickly, and didn't have to fork over loot for the whole shim kit.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
bpeeples said:
2 questions here. I am looking a valve adjustments on a 620 and S2R1000. Do these take different shims? I don't want to buy an entire kit of shims, but I would like to have the shims on hand that I might need. Are there certain shims that are most likely to be used at the first adjustment. If that is the case, then I would just buy a collection of those.
Thanks, Ben.
No, the 1000ds uses the same shims as the 4v bikes, the 620 uses the typical 2v shims.

If you are close to a dealer and have another vehicle, many dealers will let you buy shims onesy twosy.

If your local dealer won't you'll need to find someone to sell them piecewise mailorder. Or, you need to buy two complete shim kits.

There is no way to tell what shims you will need until you open it up and measure. There is no "stock" shim size that the bikes are shipped with, so you need to determine what is in there now, and the difference to make it right.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
I have purchased kits for both 2v and 4v bikes. I havent looked back since. Well worth the price paid, and if I need something I dont have Maik is quick to send out shims ordered. [thumbsup]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts