Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting in a plug for Shift-Tech to add to the favorable comments I have read on the site. The first product I added was the carbon fiber tank protector which is well designed to cover areas that the Ducati tank protectors do not. Recently I received the belt covers and slotted sprocket cover.

Quality, fit and finish are excellent. Guido is great to work with and the discount and free shipping for members really adds up. Kudos.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've been checking their site...they don't have a seat cowl, do they?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
spyvito said:
Quality, fit and finish are excellent. Guido is great to work with and the discount and free shipping for members really adds up. Kudos.
+1 for Shift-Tech. I have recently installed front and rear fenders, chain guard, and sprocket cover.
Quality of carbon is top shelf, fitment and service are very good as well. Belt covers are in transit.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Picked up a 1/2 tail and then a new S4R style front hugger from them. All very nice parts, look great and fit w/o any issues. I just wish they had a rear hugger for my bike...

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I've got Shift-Tech side covers, rear hugger, sprocket cover and clutch cover. Very nice stuff and 10% off with free shipping to list members. What a deal!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Shift-Tech Carbon FIber: PICS on Monster Dark?

Does anyone have pics of the Shift-Tech CF tank pad on a Monster Dark? The piece looks great, I just want to see how it looks against the matte black Dark tank. I've been protective of keeping the tank area of my Dark "non-glossy"...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Helpful post, I'll go with Shift-tec or Ducati from here on out.

From Motowheels, I recieved a POS CF headlight cowl I had to spend an hour griding on (I went slow & carefully) in order to make fit. But in Motowheels defense, they were helpful & attentive in otherways (had a couple returns).

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
++++ shift-tech. i would like to buy more cf from guido, but i have bought everything he has that fits my S2R. i always keep an eye on his site to see if he is stocking anything that is new. i always look forward to dealing with shift-tech (guido). [clap]

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Shift-Tech belt covers installed, fit was perfect.

Shift-Tech front fender

Hugger / Chain Guard / Countershaft Sprocket Cover

You can figure carbon, when replacing plastic is 65-70% lighter:
Small belt cover - stock 3.9 ozs, carbon 1.2 ozs.
Large belt cover - stock 6.8 ozs, carbon 2.2 ozs.

·
Registered
54 Posts
+ another for Guido at Shift-Tech. Great guy to deal with and the products look great. I would do more business with them.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
+1 for Guido and Shif-Tech! [thumbsup]

Belt covers, sprocket cover and rear hugger all top quality and thanks for the quick postage and discounts! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Aussie Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
+1 for Shift-Tech, placed my order and forgot to mention DML for the discount, and he PM'd me that he'd credit my CC the difference, before I even remembered to ask for it. Awesome.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Munch said:
Guido, when you gonna come up with a Monster Cowl and fairing???
First I would like to thank all for the compliments, it's makes one feel good when all the effort paid off at the end.

Sorry no other parts are planed to do for the Monsters any time soon, everthing that we are able to offer is out there.
Currently there are so many new bikes out that most of the time is spend on make new molds for these models, the 1098 is just an example. Everything is running on full speed just to keep up with the demand.

I wish it would be but it is impossible to have everything, got to leave some for the competition [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
2,326 Posts
another happy shift-tech customer here. [thumbsup]

I don't have any carbon on my bike, as I'm more into the brushed metal/industrial look. But I recently found a chip in my powder-coated gas tank in the area near the ignition. (as a result of someone knocking my bike over in the street :mad:). I ordered a CF tank/key guard in hopes it would fit my tank even though it wasn't listed as fitting a 2002 M620. (if it didn't fit I was just going to give it to my boyfriend for his 2001 cromo tank) BUT it fits my bike perfectly! I just want everyone to know that the key guard protector fits more than just the 2000/2001 M900 tanks as listed. It also fits the 2002+ steel tanks as well! ! ! ! ;)

I got the piece in 2-3 days!! Great customer service from Shift-Tech! [thumbsup]

-Michelle

·
Registered
262 Posts
Add me to the list of satisfied!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts