Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moments ago, for the first time in years, my sweet baby 02 breathed on her own... if only for a short while.

I got the engine electrical all hooked up, got the battery wired into the trunk (mostly), then I started putting some water in the radiator. It ran to the ground cuz I'm missing a hose. (My dog ate it.) So, I decided I'd see if I could get it to fire anyway. Took the spark plugs out, and spun it over to get some oil moved around. Put the spark plugs back in and turned it over, waited for the gas to get up there. Well, gas got up there and nothing. Poured some gas in the carb, still nothing. ****. Call it a day, start to put my tools away, realize I left the coil wire off. D'oh. Hook it up, turn the key - vroom vroom! (Timing is not quite there, but it started god damnit!!)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude, I've got one too, I just static timed it to get it to start.
Then engine is no longer stock, so it may take some fiddling and probably not a stock timing setting to get it where I need it. I prolly won't get to do that until later in the week though.
I'm still super pumped.
and that optima spins her up nicely [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
nice job!

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

The pedal felt fairly firm, then when I took it down off the stands and started to back up, the pedal went to the floor, so, i've only driven it about a block..
but, under it's own power!

Rebleeding the brakes this afternoon, going to get it "roadworthy" on tuesday. Yippee.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
cool, that mean were drinking tonight?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duck-Stew said:
What kind (make model & year) of motorized transport have you resurrected toolfan?!?
1976 BMW 2002.
It's a pretty cool car, it'll be great to be driving her again.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Visolara said:
cool, that mean were drinking tonight?
Are you deaf?

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Visolara said:
Are you deaf?
Oh, sorry. Yes, we are. And by we, I mean Katie and me and her mom and family.

(We got 4 days straight of family to visit on holidays, tomorrow night is my parents, then Lunch with my Grandma on Xmas day)

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Duck-Stew said:
Schweet! [thumbsup] I really dig on the BMW 2002's... (don't rightly know why either.....) [laugh]

Pics?!?
Unfortunately, I don't really have any... I looked. I think there must be some good 'uns on my other computer. I'll try to put some up... or maybe you'll just have to move up here and I'll DD some night.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I seem to remember takng a bunch of pics with your digital camera when we put in your engine.

By we, I mean I stood there drinking beer with Mother and made "helpfull" comments.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Strangely enough, the car was never really the subject of any of those shots.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I blame the beer. [cheeky]

and Mother, I blame him too.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
krolik said:
I blame the beer. [cheeky]

and Mother, I blame him too.
Krolik makes me drink

in fact the last time he made me drink and I didn't want to so I spilled his wine in an attempt to keep the demon at bay

he still made me drink

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Mother said:
Krolik makes me drink

in fact the last time he made me drink and I didn't want to so I spilled his wine in an attempt to keep the demon at bay

he still made me drink
I have that effect on people. >:D :-*

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Boy that's a handsome grill in the picture there :-*. Doesn't look like there's any problems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts