Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The website is updated...

If you would like to be listed on the members page, please email me the following information... (in the following format):

Subject: SFBMHA member

Nickname/Name: try to be consistent with your DML name/nickname if possible

Email Address: (if you do not wish to post it, I won't link your nickname/name to your email address. However it's a way for other members to contact you)

Ride(s): Year, cc, model, color

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
That dark Monster just kind of blends in with the black background. I think we need to put a brighter bike in there. I've got lots of pictures of a red one available. ;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll put a monster on every page but different colors... if you have a clean pic of one, send it over - I have to crop out the background to have it look nice... if anyone else has a picture of a yellow, and any custom painted tank (flames, etc), let me know.

Scott - send a few thumbs of the red monster & I'll let you know which one to send (800x600 is ok since i'll be resizing it).

also, if anyone has links to suggest, email it to me in MS Word format with the hyperlinks already in place. I'm planning on putting a links page on the site soon.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
The maps are just great!

How do I get all of my favorite routes added? We should have about a dozen routes for local rides.

At a minimum, I want to add the following:

The route from Alices down 84 along highway 1 and back up 9 that we did last year on the Monster ride that was led by Pierre Reynes on his R1.

The route up Mount Diablo and around the back side of the mountain that we did last summer as a Monster ride.

The Mount Hamilton/Mines Road loop.

The ride from San Francisco out to Pt. Reyes.

Calaveras Road, Palomares Road, Redwood Road connected into one long ride.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks! worked quite a few hrs on getting the format together (presentation, etc)... what I may do is change the thumbnails so they're more consistent.

I'll try to make the routes one at a time... any near-future routes will take precedence....

if you have any particular order in which you'd like the routes to be added, please let me know. otherwise, i'll just go down the list one by one.

Scott-

I'd like to start organizing the rides into areas. any feedback on how to group them would be great!:

1. South Bay (i.e. Santa Cruz, San Mateo Co.)
2. Central Valley / East Bay (i.e. the area near where you live)
3. North Bay (i.e. Napa - Sonoma Counties)
4. Central Coast (i.e. monterey area)

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
1. South Bay (i.e. Santa Cruz, San Mateo Co.)
2. Central Valley / East Bay (i.e. the area near where you live)
3. North Bay (i.e. Napa - Sonoma Counties)
4. Central Coast (i.e. monterey area)
I would use different names for the some of areas:

1. SF Peninsula (Santa Cruz mountains)
2. East Bay (Mines Road, Mt. Hamilton, etc.)
3. North Bay (Marin, Napa, Sonoma)
4. Central Coast (Monterey area)

You could maybe even use a zoomed out map that we could click on to select the area we want to ride in (more work for Daffe, right?)

I will work out the details for the five rides I've listed above.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Erin?

any bandwidth limits on using a large hot-spot map as Scott is describing? I'll do the map/hotspots if the bandwidth isn't a problemo

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I was thinking of a map of the bay area showing the whole thing in maybe a 480 wide by 640 high image. It should be at about the same basic size as you get at maps.yahoo.com if you type in "Fremont, CA" and zoom out to level 6. The image shouldn't need to be bigger than about 50K.

And I'm working on those routes for you right now. 8)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Scott

check out the website again... reload if necessary - it's updated with a map - I didn't want to make it too large since it would give 56K modems heartburn if it's too big. if you think it should be larger than what I have, please let me know

also recently updated: links, members pages

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Good enough.

However, now it needs to either have some numbers in circles to identify the areas, be color coded, or have the area names overlayed somehow on the map.

I'm pretty good at thinking of more work for you to do, aren't I? ;)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can overlay circles or names - any preferences?

I don't mind the work so long as it's not too time consuming - overlaying names/circles is pretty straight-forward.

btw, on the members page, I inserted "XXX" in the email addresses so we won't get any spam from spam-bots

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Circles cover up less of the map. I would suggest green circles with black outlines and black numbers inside, just slightly larger than the smilies :) used for these messages, then put matching circles on the area names above the map.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok - i'll work on the circles - might have to change the color of the circles so they stand out -

i'm up for verifying the directions of the rides

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I updated the rides section - please look at it... I finished all of Scott's submissions...

next to work on are Michael's submissions (as well as my Central Coast rides that I used to take fairly often when I was living in the Monterey area)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updated the website again...

some pix are up - some are not... but all the thumbnails are up!

http://www.sfbmha.com

having some issues with limited FTP file transfer - Erin? any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
everyone... website updated AGAIN... with quite a bit of help from Chris Ice (check out the Photos page)

there's no "HOME" link on it yet - working on that so if you want to get to the rest of the website, please use your browser's "BACK" button

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chris did some retouching on the Photos page - give him some thanks!

btw... anyone interested in sticking a Weather report page on the ride section? (to check for the weather so you don't have to go to weather.com? ... accuweather.com according to Erin i think.) we can stick weather for each region on the rides page for each ride route.

also - anyone think a guest book would be cool or trash the idea?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
D~
I use the weatherbug for all my weather tracking. I like the guestbook idea.... That way we can blab even more online :p

1 - 20 of 91 Posts