Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: SF Monsters - Trip to LA 2006 April 27 - May 1

WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM?! I didn't see this till this afternoon! So now this is resheduled for Summer huh? Works for me! I'll be down for the holidays visiting the mama, papa & doggie. If any of you LA folk are up for meeting up drop me a line. Actually if anyone wants to go still before the 5 gets supercrappy I'd be up for that as well. Though I'd probably have to stash MLP at someone's place in LA. Mama no likey the motorbikey.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

I'll be at Cal Poly Pomona on Monday and Tuesday. Meetings should end around 9pm on Monday.

mmm, Pomona...

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

jimboecv said:
Irvine for Thanksgiving...help.
                                               Call me...I should be around to bail you out for awhile ! 

;D 

............................BD

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

Enzo and I will be in Newport Beach for Thanksgiving. I'll be working on something that resembles a tan at the grandparents' condo. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts

Mostrobelle said:
Enzo and I will be in Newport Beach for Thanksgiving. I'll be working on something that resembles a tan at the grandparents' condo. [thumbsup]
Great ! Can I come over an' observe ? ;D

Seriously, perhaps we get Jimbo free and all get together over T-Day weekend. My place, or....... ?

???

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

heh heh...you don't want to see the tanning process. It ain't pretty. It's me basically reminding my body how to make melanin. :p

Not sure about getting together over the weekend...We're driving down Wednesday night and leaving Sunday night. That only leaves 3 days with the family. My sis from Manhattan is going to be there too. I never get to see her! I won't commit Enzo to camping out with my relatives--so maybe he'll be down for an afternoon with you BD.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

Mostrobelle said:
I won't commit Enzo to camping out with my relatives--so maybe he'll be down for an afternoon with you BD.
woo-hoo! any interest in lunch on that Saturday?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts

enzo said:
woo-hoo! any interest in lunch on that Saturday?
i eat lunch everyday. ;D

·
Banned
7,484 Posts

Mostrobelle said:
Not sure about getting together over the weekend...We're driving down Wednesday night and leaving Sunday night.
You HAVE to reconsider driving Weds night, MB. You'll be sitting in stop and go traffic in the middle of absolutely nowhere. It's taken me as many as 13 hours before to get from SF to Claremont (right near Pomona). No accidents on the 5, but just that much traffic. And that was with me leaving SF in the afternoon, not the eve. The Sunday night return is almost as bad.

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

I'm hoping that if we leave around 7 or 8 pm and plan on getting in around 3 a.m. that we'll be OK. We'll be a little groggy on Thursday, but that's OK. Plan's the same for the return... (No $$ for plane tix, but we have car rental points.)

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Spidey said:
You HAVE to reconsider driving Weds night, MB. You'll be sitting in stop and go traffic in the middle of absolutely nowhere. It's taken me as many as 13 hours before to get from SF to Claremont (right near Pomona). No accidents on the 5, but just that much traffic. And that was with me leaving SF in the afternoon, not the eve. The Sunday night return is almost as bad.

...well, hello Mr. Positivity ::) /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

aaany who,

im pretty sure us SoCalers will have a 2006 Turkey Day Ride...probably Saturday someone could have a "Turkey Day Left Over- get together"

would you MOB guys interested in this kind of activity?

ps: so the message is that if YOU guys are attending ill make it happen if it "just" us SoCal peeps....we can go out for lunch and margaritas... 8)

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

He's totally right Luca...heck, I've spent 8 hours just trying to get back from Tahoe because of a poor choice in timing. SoCal traffic is soooo much worse than the traffic up here. I didn't want to drive, but don't have much choice. :'(

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Mostrobelle said:
He's totally right Luca...heck, I've spent 8 hours just trying to get back from Tahoe because of a poor choice in timing. SoCal traffic is soooo much worse than the traffic up here. I didn't want to drive, but don't have much choice. :'(

"honey, i have this crazy head ache...i HAD to take these pain-killers and now i am sooo so d-r-o-w-c-e......zzzzzz"

·
Registered
249 Posts

DanTheMan said:
crap is everyone going to LA for T-Day, i might be there too.
HA! not everyone.. I am going to.....

Prague :p

WOOOTTT best Thanksgiving ever... I hope. :)

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts

Prague, Schmague... :p ::) [laugh] j/k--enjoy! I hear it's gorgeous...

As for driving, Luca, I was hoping to hitch up Spidey to the front of the car and have him pull me up the Grapevine. Naturally I'd have a bottle of Maker's (filled with applejuice) dangling in front of him.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts