Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I bought a M900 Cromo about a month ago and i need to set it up for my height/weight. I think he modifyed the ride height in the rear (yoke over the rear tire is all the way down) and the suspension needs to be tightened up. I posted a request about setting up the suspension and got referred to an excellent article.

Id like to find out how to raise the bike safely to at least stock height. Also any advice on making the bike more comfortable for someone my height would be greatly appreciated. Im 6'3" tall and 225 lbs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
If you make equal changes to front and rear ride height it will raise the bike without changing the handling. Are the forks sticking up above the triple clamps?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, the forks are about 3/4" above the triples.....rear yoke nuts are right on the swingarm.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
You can slide the tubes down in the triples as well as raising the rear. If you do both it will not change the handling.
Or conversly you can just raise the rear. It will make more room for your legs, and quicken the steering. That is the way I have mine set up and I like it. I would make changes in small increments until you reach the spot you like.
Good luck.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ducpainter, Ill give it a shot. How far have you raised your bike? ie are your forks flush with the triples and how much thread is exposed on the rear yoke?

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
My forks are like yours with 25mm above the triple( about an inch). The rear is raised as far as it will go and leave what I consider to be enough thread in the hoop. Engineering standard is one diameter of the fastener so that would be 8mm. Most of the legroom will come from rear adjustment. Keep in mind the footpegs don't move in relation to the seat regardless. Only the distance from the seat to the ground will change.

My bike steers very quickly. When I made that adjustment I was running a 180 rear. I recently put on a 170, and it's a little too quick. Like I said earlier, make adjustments in small increments until you find the spot you're happy with.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
don't forget that raising the ride height on an 01 900 won't change the distance to the footpegs and therefore won't make any difference if you're legs are are a cramped when sitting on the bike.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! How can I increase the distance between the seat and the pegs? Im guessing adjustable rearsets. Any recommendations? Id like to remain 2 up capable. Ducpainter, how much thread do you have visible on the rear yoke? Is it 1" exposed or more? Thx!

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
The heim joints aren't that long. I measured about 15mm below the lock nut. That does not leave the 8mm inside the hoop. I think I left 3 full turns inside.

There all kinds of rearsets available for all kinds of prices. Cycle cat makes nice stuff and has an option for 2 up and stock exhaust. I find them to be kinda pricey. Maybe someone will chime in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts