Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the thread where we were talking about this, but it was reccommended that only the dealer must attempt this.

No dealer here, so just thought i'd update on what i did.

When i checked the pressure it was 90PSI. The info i got was it should be between 180 - 220 psi.

So i hooked up a tyre inflater to the bottle of Nitrogen & set the regulator to 230psi, turned it on & let the pressures equalize.

Checked the Shock with a pressure guage & it was 229psi, checked it again (you loose some every time you check because of the small volume) & it was 218psi. So i reckon i'm left with just over 200psi.

Makes a HUGE difference. It was always a bit spongy in the rear before, but now it feels nice & firm & really improoves the handling of the bike, no more wallowing in hard bumpy corners.

Thanks for the info those of you that gave advise.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Hi Chris,

Cheers to your self reliance. What you describe above is what most independent shops do. Many dealers do NOT service suspension and thus may not have nitrogen bottle with regulator. You may want to look in to rebuilding the rear shock. It's not that difficult if you have showa... and your 95 is well past due for new suspension fluid.

:) Chris

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris.

Is there a visual way to identify what brand of shock it is?
I can't see any brand on it! The sticker on top is a bit bashed around & not in a good position to read.

Also is there a guide to this on your web site?

PS: can you have a look at the private message i sent you on re jetting, after the week end i still reckon it's a bit lean :-/

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Simon,
I'll chack it out.

I guess if it's shagged I'll just get a Ohlins unit & be done with it. But after topping the nitrogen up it's much firmer in the rear, Feels good. So should be OK for a while.

Hey i just came accross V2's web site in WA,
mmmmmmmmmm is there some goodies there or what?

How's Brissy, it'd be gettin cool by now eh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts