Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for $30 (including shipping) on ebay I can get a Haynes hardcover manual that covers multiple ducatis including the M900 Monster years 1993-2002. Now my bike is an '03 1000. Would this manual still work for me? If not where could I get a full shop manual for my duc?

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Get the appropriate LT Snyder manual before you get the Haynes manual. I have both for my 620 and the Snyder manual is MUCH more helpful. I like having both for rare instances that the Snyder manual doesn't have what I need or for additional pictures, but as I get better at it I never use the Haynes manual anymore.

You can also get a copy of the factory service manual from some guy on ebay. I don't remember what his username was, but he makes really good copies of the factory manual that are nicely bound (albeit photocopies).

No matter what I find the LT Snyder manual to be MUCH more helpful than either the Haynes manual or the factory manual. While both are useful, if you're just going to get one get the LT Snyder one. They sell for $30 in the DML store, well worth it.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks I ordered it. Does this manual list the common nicknames for parts? I'm still learning all the nickname and slang terms you all seem to use for the various parts on the Monster.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by nicknames, but it does have pretty good pictures of all of the stuff you'll work on and all of the steps to work on it. The pictures (while in black and white) are clear and easy to figure out, and he seems to be very in tune with the popular culture of do it yourself maintenance, so I'm sure if there are nicknames he uses them.

Great purchase [thumbsup] you won't regret it.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
like calling the rear tail a "beer tray." Those kinds of nicknames. I can't even think of the other ones but I know there's alot. Not just for ducati parts but also to refer to a certain kind of motorcyclist or a certain kind of motorcycle or to refer to a certain type of crash... Someone oughta write a reference chart for newbies so we know what you're talking about. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts