Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SENA 20 S Jog Wheel Problem
I have to talk about this problem I have been having with the SENA 20s. Whenever I do a head check to the left the Jog wheel will spin against the armor pad of any jacket I am wearing. Especially bad is the shoulder of my Aerostitch Roadcrafter. I basically cannot wear the unit because any time I turn my head to the left the wheel will doing against my shoulder. I have tried moving the unit forward. Tilting the wheel up. Nothing works. I have come to the conclusion that the distraction from the volume limit alert tone is so distracting that it's not worth using it. Does anybody have the same issue.
SENA is doing nothing about it saying that it's user error or a wardrobe malfunction.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sena shouldn't need to do anything about it, its not their problem. Only problem that is remotely similar to yours that I've had is if I check over my shoulder quickly the sena to tap my shoulder and think I'm wanting to say a command to it(its a feature that you tap it to say a command). I just disabled that feature in the computer update program and its fine. My gear is no where near to where it would move the jog wheel. The mount that the Sena snaps to touches more if anything.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like I said it is the jog wheel turning and announcing the tone that you have reached the volume limit. It is possible that I received a second faulty unit. That's why I am asking if anybody else has this common issue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can't say I'm having the same issue either. I also wear a Roadcrafter (and a Shoei RF1100) and my jog wheel comes nowhere close to my shoulder. My suit is pretty tight compared to the other Roadcrafter owners I've seen though (didn't want the dump-butt look).

·
Registered
191 Posts
I also used to get the "Say a command" and took me ages to figure it was gear related. Disabled that feature. Can't say that I've ever had the wheel turn though with 3 different types of jackets. If you can't move the unit you are going to have to modify your head movement style.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same issue with my 20S I suffer from no neck syndrome and it hits my shoulder. My friend that has a much longer neck does not suffer from this. I have made a small shield from polycarb and a heat gun. I mounted it between the pinch clamp and my helmet. Then it extends out below the jog dial.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sena shouldn't need to do anything about it, its not their problem. Only problem that is remotely similar to yours that I've had is if I check over my shoulder quickly the sena to tap my shoulder and think I'm wanting to say a command to it(its a feature that you tap it to say a command). I just disabled that feature in the computer update program and its fine. My gear is no where near to where it would move the jog wheel. The mount that the Sena snaps to touches more if anything.
For reference, a picture of Coyote (yes, I assume the user name is to throw you off ;))

:devil

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the same issue with my 20S I suffer from no neck syndrome and it hits my shoulder. My friend that has a much longer neck does not suffer from this. I have made a small shield from polycarb and a heat gun. I mounted it between the pinch clamp and my helmet. Then it extends out below the jog dial.
God I love this Forum. I don't have a neck either!!!! I tried to use a price of inner tube taped around the wheel but that just made the intercom button stay on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow. I hope you don’t work for customer service! Of course it’s Sena’s problem!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! Can you share how you did this please?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts