Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I have someone interested in my bike from Canada (the bike and I are in the USA). He is willing to pick it up and pay cash. I am aware of the shipping vehicles scams, which this is not - but I am not aware of any other issues that might come up on my end when selling internationally?

I think the buyer knows it is a pain for him to import the bike and is planning to leave it at a friends house while he does the paperwork. So long as the sale is final and I am paid in cash upfront - is there any risk on my end? Are there any sorts of customs/tax things to consider?

Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hey all - I have someone interested in my bike from Canada (the bike and I are in the USA). He is willing to pick it up and pay cash. I am aware of the shipping vehicles scams, which this is not - but I am not aware of any other issues that might come up on my end when selling internationally?

I think the buyer knows it is a pain for him to import the bike and is planning to leave it at a friends house while he does the paperwork. So long as the sale is final and I am paid in cash upfront - is there any risk on my end? Are there any sorts of customs/tax things to consider?

Thanks
None that I'm aware, once you sign the pink slip, is off your hands...

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
I agree. I don't think you have any exposure on this. If you have the cash and he has the title and bill of sale, what he does with it after that isn't your problem. Good luck, I hope everything works out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a buyer fly from Saskatchewan and pay with travelers checks- no problem until I discovered that he only signed in one place instead of two! It took my bank a few extra days to fix the oversight- but it took a few hours off my life! Otherwise, no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts