Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi can anyone recommend an alternative exhaust (slip ons) to Termis?
Thanks,
Justin
Search for Zard, Leo Vince, Arrow or Two Brothers Racing to name a few as they all offer slip ons for Ducati's.

I have an M1100S and run the carbon slip on Termi's without the db killers. I chose to spend the long green on the Termi's because they also come with a new ECU, air filter and filter cover but the primary reason was no negative warranty impact. I had my dealer install the Termi's at time of delivery so if by chance there are any problems in the future, my warranty will not be affected. I do not think the same could be said for the other brands. All depends on if that is important to you or not.

If you do some searching on this board under "Accessories & Mods" you will find a ton of opinions on exhaust systems. Some say Termi's are way overpriced, some question what, if any performance gains are to be realized regardless of brand. Personally, I did not care for the looks of the stock cans so whether I got any boost in performance or not was not a determining factor. As stated above, no negative warranty impact was the determining factor in my decision. Others may disagree but my bike, my decision.

Your bike, your decision.

Keep us posted when you make your decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey SJS,

Thanks for the concise reply.

I have to say I had actually reached the same conclusion. Aesthetics for me over performance plus not effecting warranty (plus added growl!). One dealer threw the 'warranty thing' at me whilst another dealer pitched Leo Vinces at me and made no mention of the potential warranty issue. I preferred the look of the Termis over the LVs.

May I ask, did you sell standard cans?

I'd love to know the difference in noise (what can I say, i'm a poser) between the standards and the Termis.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
Best.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Joybear1100,
No I did not sell my stock cans. Even though I do not plan on going back to stock cans, I am keeping them just in case somebody may be interested if I ever sell the bike. However, I do plan on keeping my M1100S for a while.

Below is a link to a thread I have posted my 2 cents worth on regarding the Termi sound. Bottom line is my opinion that the Termi's are somewhere in between the sound of a stock "Police issue" Harley and the majority of Harley's on the road with aftermarket pipes. I also live in a somewhat rural area so noise is slightly less of an issue. When I am riding in more heavily populated areas, I try to not blip throttle or rev too much just to be somewhat conscientious of my surroundings.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/forums...t-sound-termi-baffles-regular-race-termi.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again SJS, very helpful thread.

How funny that everyone seems to be chasing the dragon (so to speak) and yet when they get there, most opt for earplugs!! Ha ha ha. It's kinda like dropping a few grand on a new suit only to wear it in the dark.

I would love the rumbling sound of baffle-less Termis but I don't want to be 'that guy' on my little London (UK) street.

Perhaps the baffles are the answer until I have my country pile.

Safe riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts