Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did it again. Dropped my baby hard. Was not concentrating and noticed too late the car ahead of me was right turning. I breaked hard and lost it on the wet tram tracks.
I havent seen the bike yet and dont really remember how it ended up. I am typing this one handed cos I broke my left elbow clean thru.
If i wasnt so high on pkillers right now i would prolly be kicking my @rse around the room, two stacks in five months man am i p'ed with myself

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Might be time to consider needle point. Glad your okay, but somebody's trying to tell you something.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Some might say its time to get a new hobby. Bikes are too dangerous. I say the street may be too dangerous. Try a few track days. Its much more fun, no tickets, and its safer.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Sorry about the fall man...

I have no way of knowing if you are just unlucky or something, but it seems like you may be driving too aggresively.

Ask yourself this: When people ask you how fast your bike can go, do you say things like "how the hell should I know, I don't like to go above 110...," or "I can usually get it up to at least xxx+ if I feel like it."

I personally answer the first one. If you don't, maybe you should consider pushing the limit a little less. The price I pay for safety is that sometimes I can't impress people when they ask me questions like that.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually its completely my own fault and i will feel safe getting back on because i actually ride very well. i just broke my OWN rule of riding when i shouldnt, ie little sleep, big night out, bit hungover....we've ALL done this before and gotten away with it- well- this time i didnt. so i guess my point is never assume everything will be okay - if you're not going to be 100% sharp - take the car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I keep much stricter rules for bike use than car use. I don't ride when I am tired, I don't drink a drop when I take the bike and I make sure I do only one thing when I am on my bike, and this is ride, no ear phone, no radio, no thinking about all the stuff I need to do, no nothing....This is actually why I find riding so relaxing.

Even more than pure riding skills, for me the trick is to stay fully focused and anticipate traffic so I am never surprised by whatever lunatic is on the street today. Do so and chances are high you are gonna have a much better trackrecord. I have been riding for thirteen years, through all seasons and I haven't dropped her yet. I must add that I allways keep a margin for error and rarely go to the limit, unless on the track.

If you can set some rules for your own use of the bike and you can stick to these rules, you should look forward to happy motoring. If you cannot abide by your own rules, consider trading in the bike for the abovementioned needlepoint set (deluxe). Bikers with limited self control are the ones most likely to become organ donors.....

Cheers,
DUCky

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you're not going to be 100% sharp - take the car.
Just what we need, another less than sharp cager on the road... just like the one that cut you off! How about, "If your not going to be 100% sharp, TAKE THE FU<KING BUS!".

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
If you haven't done so yet...

you might want to take the MSF course. Sounds like you were riding around a couple of rungs up the ladder. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RIde safe and heal up.

Take the MSF course. Even if you are real good, everyone who take it says they learn new things. There are 3 levels also.

The [email protected] things fill up so fast it is hard to get in. I know, I am waiting to take the Basic course.

Tom.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts