Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Saw that... not into CF, tho. Unless I could paint it... that's why I was looking at that black cowl... didn't like the gaudy duc logo, anyway.

Darks don't come with a seat cowl, so even if I locate one from a MS, it would be gloss black and would have to be repainted anyway I suppose...

S

·
0 Posts
Question about seat cowls. ::)

Do you need a tail hack?
Do you need a custom seat?
Do they just fit over the regular stock seat?

I like the looks of them, but I don't want to hack my tail, and I'm not ready for a custom seat, although I may be in the future.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sarah, I installed a seat cowl that I bought from Ducati.com on my 620ie and no mods were required. I just bolted up the supplied brackets to my stock seat, slid on the cowl, and tightened the thumbscrews. If you get an aftermarket cowl, make sure it includes all the brackets and hardware.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Why would you even want a seat cowl? Save the $100+ bux and do some performance mods. Just some extra stuff to put on the bike IMHO. Go nekkid!

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I've seen cowls go for as low as $50.00 on EBay.

Why would you even want a seat cowl?
For any color of Monster other than black, it completes the lines of the bike. The red and yellow ones just don't look right to me without them. I'll occasionally swap to the original seat to carry a passenger, but the bike never looks right until I put it back like this:

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I agree with Scott Nelson - my yellow M900 doesn't look complete without the cowl on the seat. I keep the cowl on my Sargent seat and switch to the stock seat for passengers.

I plan on sending the stock seat to Sargent for some custom work and will probably have the back half covered in yellow to emulate the cowl.

Mark J

M

·
0 Posts
I just got a 750D myself and the cowl definatly makes the bike look sleeker. Without it looks a bit bland.

Anyone seen this cowl on a bike?

http://www.azsbk.com/96910502b.html

it appears much more shapely than the "stock" part

http://www.azsbk.com/59510251c.html

(posted for comparison) almost looks like the tail of the new motoguzzi v11's.

I think I would much prefer the larger cowl but the price of this part is shocking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts