Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a seat cowl any colour PLEASE anyone ? Help?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Cant see any on e-bay

:(

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Do you mind if it's "a little scratched up"?

I have one that made contact with the road with enough force to bend the rear frame, while sliding at speed, that somebody might be able to smooth out. I was thinking of selling it for about 50 cents plus postage. ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Thanks for that infoage1 but its alittle expensive for me. i'm poor :( :'(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

I'm in the UK so it depends on postage?
??? [smiley=help.gif]

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
With all of this interest in my scraped up seat cowl, I may have to raise the price to $1.50 or so. I better get some photos of it so that it's clear how much damage there is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you to all of you who have replied. I think I may be sorted now, a mate has a Red seat cowl. I'll know for sure next week. If it dosnt come off I will get back in touch with you all.

Once again thank you for all your help.

Happy monstering

:-*

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Hey Scott, exactly how bad is it? I am looking at getting a seat cowl to be painted when the tank is this winter. Do you think a body shop could make it like new again? At least for less than the cost of a new one.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
Hey Scott, exactly how bad is it? I am looking at getting a seat cowl to be painted when the tank is this winter. Do you think a body shop could make it like new again? At least for less than the cost of a new one.
Two other people are already in line in front of you. It has deep gouges, but is not cracked.

Since seat cowls can often be obtained relatively undamaged for around $50, I can't imagine how you could save money having a body shop even touch a scratched up one. Let's see, 3 hours labor at $60 per hour? You would probably be money ahead ordering a new one from Ducati.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts