Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On bikes with seat cowls, are they just added over the normal Monster seat? Easily detachable? So if i pulled it off, my wife could ride with me? Looking at a Monster with a cowl is why I ask.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
That's right Kevin.. it's just a cover and there is a passenger seat underneath.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
But.......there is no place to store it, so you need to leave it at home.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Or sell it to me if it's red.

Redline swears that if we ever ride 2-up in the Monster, I will be on the back. Needless to say, we will never use the back seat.

Doc

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I met a guy out riding once who had destroyed the clutch on his 916. I took my cowl off, kind of wedged it under my jacket, and gave the guy a ride 10 miles back to my place where I switched to a car and took him the additional 10 miles to Livermore to his home.

It wasn't real comfortable, but it worked in an emergency.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yea a back protector...

although i cant talk cuz when i ride home from a local shop with a new face shield (i go through these things like nothing else), I stick it around my waist. Works better than you'd think.

Now, if only I could AVOID the rocks hurtling into my face, I'd have no need of inventive cargo storage

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Well, it's SORT of a passenger seat. But only if your wife has a Velcro butt!! My wife won't ride on the Ducati, but she'll ride on the Triumph. (Nice, flat seat that doesn't slope backwards).

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it's SORT of a passenger seat. But only if your wife has a Velcro butt!! My wife won't ride on the Ducati, but she'll ride on the Triumph. (Nice, flat seat that doesn't slope backwards).
I don't expect that mine will want to ride with me either. :( That brings up another question, how do I get my wife to go with me? I don't know if its fear of the bike, or lack of trust in my ability, or a combination of both, but theres definitely some resistance with her.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Definitely go easy on the throttle while the wife is on the back. I had one hard acceleration on the S4, the front wheel lifted and she thought she was going to fall off. She really only wants to get on the 907 now.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just remember that you will lose substantial HP when you paint it.....................................Yellow is the fastest color ;)
I guess id have to decide when i saw it in person. Im still considering that yellow M900, but ive also broadened my search to include 750's and 900's that are used (and already have things like exhausts, and jetting/ chips etc) Does a stock 900 have that much more oomf than a stock 750?

Kevin

·
Registered
684 Posts
Dude, you're golden! ;D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts