Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys....I want to seafoam my 2000 M750 and need some tips on doing this. What is the proper way to do this? What vacuum hose should I use to 'feed' the cleaner or should I pour it directly? Can I idle the bike while the tank is unlatched/opened? (I think not) Please advice :-\

Carlos

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
pour straight down the carbs, and yes you can idle the bike with the tank up

what I do is grab a funnel to prevent any mishaps and just pour small amounts into each carb alternately. if you pour too much at one time, the bike will die, so small amounts and keep a hand on the throttle in case it wants to die...

After I've got a few ounces down each carb, I shut it off for 5-15 minutes (depends on how I'm feeling) and then turn the bike up and watch the smoke show

I'll treat my crank oil and gas tank too every now and again (oil only if I'm really close to an oil change)

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
+1 to what Heiro said.

And it is nice to see you guys supporting my inheritance. Keep up the good work.
My great-grandpa Fred Fandrei invented Sea Foam, my grandpa Phil Fandrei started Sea Foam Sales Co. and to this day is a big part of maintaining the sales and customer service aspects of the business even though he sold it to a group of folks. He is still listed as the President.

Great people all hard workers and got to where they are today through hardwork and tenacity.

Bet you guys didn't know I was related to a celebrity in the auto world eh?? ;)

Ryan

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hiero said:
pour straight down the carbs, and yes you can idle the bike with the tank up

what I do is grab a funnel to prevent any mishaps and just pour small amounts into each carb alternately. if you pour too much at one time, the bike will die, so small amounts and keep a hand on the throttle in case it wants to die...

After I've got a few ounces down each carb, I shut it off for 5-15 minutes (depends on how I'm feeling) and then turn the bike up and watch the smoke show

I'll treat my crank oil and gas tank too every now and again (oil only if I'm really close to an oil change)
Thanks! How much on the tank, a capfull?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
ZLTFUL said:
+1 to what Heiro said.

And it is nice to see you guys supporting my inheritance. Keep up the good work.
My great-grandpa Fred Fandrei invented Sea Foam, my grandpa Phil Fandrei started Sea Foam Sales Co. and to this day is a big part of maintaining the sales and customer service aspects of the business even though he sold it to a group of folks. He is still listed as the President.

Great people all hard workers and got to where they are today through hardwork and tenacity.

Ryan
;) I knew! (course, we had some posts about this some time ago :p)

desmopr said:
Thanks! How much on the tank, a capfull?
it tells you the approx amounts on the can when you buy it, I just pour some down the gullet and call it done when i feel like it's enough [cheeky]

·
Registered
294 Posts
ZLTFUL said:
Cool. That stuff's awesome.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Count Desmo said:
So I'm really wanting that SportClassic 100S, how 'bout helping a brotha out? ;)
+1 [laugh]

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did it!! Clean/lubed the k&n yesterday trying to avoid plug fouling. Left the filter over a couple of newspaper pages all night. Turned the bike on, left it on for a couple of minutes, poured some 'seafoam' in each carb and shut the bike off. After aprox. 7 mins. turned the bike on. WTF, instructions in the can advised of smoke for a SHORT time. Short time, yeah right! Finally after I would say 15 mins. or more it stopped fuming. Put the k&n back on and arrgghh, started coughing and fouled the plugs. Luckily I had bought them just in case and problem resolved. I thought the bike idled nicely before. Now it idles better. I'll keep you posted on it's 'behavior'when I ride it. Thanks guys! Ohh...almost forgot, seafom/gunk leaked from the header where it connects with the slip-ons. Is this normal? Any gaskets in there?

Carlos

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
desmopr said:
Did it!! Clean/lubed the k&n yesterday trying to avoid plug fouling. Left the filter over a couple of newspaper pages all night. Turned the bike on, left it on for a couple of minutes, poured some 'seafoam' in each carb and shut the bike off. After aprox. 7 mins. turned the bike on. WTF, instructions in the can advised of smoke for a SHORT time. Short time, yeah right! Finally after I would say 15 mins. or more it stopped fuming. Put the k&n back on and arrgghh, started coughing and fouled the plugs. Luckily I had bought them just in case and problem resolved. I thought the bike idled nicely before. Now it idles better. I'll keep you posted on it's 'behavior'when I ride it. Thanks guys! Ohh...almost forgot, seafom/gunk leaked from the header where it connects with the slip-ons. Is this normal? Any gaskets in there?

Carlos
never had gunk come out like that before myself, but I'm not surprised, I wouldn't worry about it, although if it leaked there, that means some exhaust probably leaks out the same spot and I'd look to seal it, not really a big deal though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.