Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, just wanted to say that I got served up right for christmas, minor hiccup but they got me the helmet 2 days after I made a call, now thats service!

but to really get to the meat-- this is a nice helmet for the dough, I personally bought an arai profile because thats how I roll.. and it came time to buy a second lid for my girl... of course I wasnt going to admit that money was an issue, it was, but I still wanted to get something that'd really be comfy and protective.

the scorpion came up in a few reviews.. in my opinion its an incredible departure from the heavy, poorly padded, bargain end HJC helmets, and even some of the midrange HJCs that I checked out for similar money... the shell on the 700 is pretty light, evenly distributed weight... the liner is verry comfy.. I'd say maybe 3/4 of the arai plushiness..

no word on how loud the wind-noise gets, or how effective venting is, since I havent road-tested the size SM thats sitting gift-wrapped in my room, but I've heard these two things might be the only short-comings of this helmet. DOT and SNELL approved. 8) $179.00 msrp

for anyone thinking "now dot-coms sound great but I want to support my local shop!"-- I went to my local shop and they held onto my money for a week and a half, and when I asked them what was up they told me it was backordered. originally I was told it'd take a matter of days... so I had to take my business online. :-\

thats it.
if you're looking for a 1st lid, or like me, a 2nd one, without spending a large dollar amount.. go with the exo700.. its light, comfy and effective.. I know that the helmet protecting my sweetheart is gonna pull through just as well as my arai. just without the five-star fit and finish, or price. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
322 Posts
i love my scorpion helmet. not quite as nice as my arai was but well worth $180. i got it for my birthday, along with the dark visor and the manchester united jersey.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i was wearing the arai when i high sided my tl1000s. i didn't trust the lid after that. although i did come through basically unscathed. my hand was a little cut and the next day i hurt like a bastard. the tl lost a rear brake lever, over-flow bottle, fairing stay, right side fairing, rear fairing, right side carbon can was tweaked a bit, and the steering head bearing was a little loose afterwards. (could have been from all the wheelies, but no one can prove it) ;)

very nice helmet, but a $400-500 helmet just isn't in the budget anymore. i had hjc for a while. i don't like them. i was going to get an icon until i found out hjc makes them. i don't like the way hjc sticks out in front of my chin. the scorpion fits like the arai did, very close to my face. and it's like 1/3 the cost.

·
Registered
294 Posts
+1 on Scorpion

I have the EXO-700 and my wife has the EXO-400 (the 700 isn't offered in pink). Both helmets are excellent, especially for the price. The local shop that I bought mine from had all of their Arais on sale just to get rid of them. They are only going to carry Scorpions now...doesn't really mean anything, but thought that it was worth mentioning.

Edit: I bought my wife's helmet from Helmet Harbor, excellent service and price.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ive been looking at the Scorpions for a 3rd helmet (commuter). Have an Arai Quantum 2, and Corsair.

How is the sizing compared to Arai. I wear a small in Arai, and Med in Shoei.

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Jerry S2R said:
Ive been looking at the Scorpions for a 3rd helmet (commuter). Have an Arai Quantum 2, and Corsair.

How is the sizing compared to Arai. I wear a small in Arai, and Med in Shoei.

Thanks
i have an exo 700 and i wear a med in shoei so i got a med in scorp fits great here is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks for the info! [thumbsup]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts